The Student Room Group

Economics revision

What is the best way to revise for economics? I struggle with understanding the subject but would still like to do well!
Learn and understand the intuition behind the diagrams and the logic behind the key concepts. When you have learnt that everything will click and the rest flows easily.
Original post by cecelol1
What is the best way to revise for economics? I struggle with understanding the subject but would still like to do well!

If you struggle with understanding the subject, you should try to address the things you don't understand. If you don't understand an economic model for example, ask a teacher, other students, a tutor, look it up on sites such as economicshelp or put it in YouTube. As the previous poster said, there are a lot of key concepts and there is a really high benefit to understanding these concepts.

In terms of doing well, be aware of how to score well in exams - look at mark schemes and examiner reports. Do all the past papers for your exam board, find other practice questions. Practise in timed conditions where possible but also take time to read up on how to score well in exams.
Reply 3
What I found is a website called Seneco learning, you can pay for premium but for the most part it's free. It covers a lot of a level/GCSE subjects for different exam boards in note form and it's been an absolute God send for me :smile:
i found practise questions a lifesaver:yep:
i also found learning the key words (i used quizlet and flashcards) was useful and understanding the different diagrams/systems and how different things impacted them in different ways helped (i.e: i'd look at the bank of england cutting interest rates and then make a giant flow chart exploring the different things it would change (and draw diagrams in it))
Original post by cecelol1

For A level check out EconplusDal on YouTube. He has videos on everything. Also check out EconplusDal’s website and buy his revision packs. I used to be struggling and then used his resources and got an A* in my mocks.

Quick Reply

Latest