TMB20000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I’m looking at going to university in September to study an Allied Health Profession course. And I am so confused about student finance. I am currently working but when I start university I won’t be. Will this effect the amount I get for my maintenance loan? As it’s worked out from the previous tax year of 18/19.
I know there are rumours about the NHS bursary coming back but nothing official has been brought out yet. If it is coming back would I be able to apply for both a maintenance loan and the bursary or is it normally one or the other? (The profession I’m studying would make me eligible for the NHS bursary if it were to come back). I’ve also been told to look into getting my travel costs reimbursed as the course is placement based instead of in the university itself but didn’t know if I would be eligible for that option or not as I can’t even find the requirements anywhere
I am capable of living of my student maintenance loan as well as other means of finance so if I’m not entitled then it isn’t an issue but I’m just so confused by it all and feel like I’m just going in circles😩😩
Sorry for the long winded post but ANY advice would be appreciated greatly. Thankyou!! X
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by TMB20000)
Hi, I’m looking at going to university in September to study an Allied Health Profession course. And I am so confused about student finance. I am currently working but when I start university I won’t be. Will this effect the amount I get for my maintenance loan? As it’s worked out from the previous tax year of 18/19.
I know there are rumours about the NHS bursary coming back but nothing official has been brought out yet. If it is coming back would I be able to apply for both a maintenance loan and the bursary or is it normally one or the other? (The profession I’m studying would make me eligible for the NHS bursary if it were to come back). I’ve also been told to look into getting my travel costs reimbursed as the course is placement based instead of in the university itself but didn’t know if I would be eligible for that option or not as I can’t even find the requirements anywhere
I am capable of living of my student maintenance loan as well as other means of finance so if I’m not entitled then it isn’t an issue but I’m just so confused by it all and feel like I’m just going in circles😩😩
Sorry for the long winded post but ANY advice would be appreciated greatly. Thankyou!! X
Hi TMB,
Sorry that you have not had a response yet.

SFE don’t need to know if you are working or not unless your employer releases you to study(pays you a salary for your time at university).

If you are studying an AHP course then you will be eligible for the full standard maintenance loan plus up to £8000 of the new NHS 2020 bursary.

It is possible to apply for the Travel Grant to get reimbursed for costs, students usually go on a placement in the 3rd year, not their 1st year. Do you know what your household income is roughly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (48)
24%
No, but I have thought about it (56)
28%
No (96)
48%

Watched Threads