maks392
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm a first year student here in Lancaster Uni, currently looking for a part time jobs, any advices, how to do it better and where? Send applications online or go and hand in cv myself?
Joe1000000
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If they offer an online application submission portal they'll often require you to use it, as it simplifies the recruitment process for them. If they don't have one, and this will generally be the case for any non-large-chain business your best bet is to hand them on yourself, and chat to whoever you're handing it to if you can.
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maks392)
Hi, I'm a first year student here in Lancaster Uni, currently looking for a part time jobs, any advices, how to do it better and where? Send applications online or go and hand in cv myself?
Hello,
If you haven't already, contact careers or go in to the base and see if they've got anything worth applying for - this is definitely the easiest way. Otherwise, I just had to send loads of applications, and then eventually I got one at Sainsbury's - if it's for you then definitely apply there. Ambassador jobs are also great.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
maks392
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
If you haven't already, contact careers or go in to the base and see if they've got anything worth applying for - this is definitely the easiest way. Otherwise, I just had to send loads of applications, and then eventually I got one at Sainsbury's - if it's for you then definitely apply there. Ambassador jobs are also great.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Thank u.
Do u recommend to actually go to careers centre of just look for It online?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maks392)
Thank u.
Do u recommend to actually go to careers centre of just look for It online?
Either is fine, maybe apply to some online and if you don't manage to hear anything you can go into careers who can help you find a job/help you with your CV/cover letters?
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (436)
58.92%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.41%
No- I want it (214)
28.92%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.76%

Watched Threads