amadden01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
How do you do your higher chemistry assignment? I have mine tomorrow and I'm not prepared, I've done the experiment (effect of temperature on rate of reaction) but I don't know what to do.
emazing
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I took higher chemistry last year, a good start would be to come up with roughly what you are going to say in your underlying chemistry bit, so there you would just talked about catalysts, different things which impact the rate of a reaction and specific qualities of the substances you used that relate to the higher course. Basically anything you can pull out the course specifications that relates to what you are doing.
Also if u haven’t already make sure u have all your results written down as I’m pretty sure you can just copy from them. Be familiar with the structure of the assignment, and most importantly just make sure through out the whole thing that you are staying relevant to your aim. Hope this helps
AC79
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I also did Higher Chemistry last year. Know the layout ans have information for each part. On the SQA website there is a layout you can follow which explains how they mark it. Make sure you have strong Underlying Chemistry information. You also need a method summary and a LITERAL summary - too much detail and you will get marked down! Make it as brief but understandable as possible. You also need a conclusion and evaluation - the conclusion will be on your experiment results, what happened etc and evaluation what you would change were you to repeat the experiment again. These are just some basics but I highly recommend using the mark scheme from SQA
amadden01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emazing)
I took higher chemistry last year, a good start would be to come up with roughly what you are going to say in your underlying chemistry bit, so there you would just talked about catalysts, different things which impact the rate of a reaction and specific qualities of the substances you used that relate to the higher course. Basically anything you can pull out the course specifications that relates to what you are doing.
Also if u haven’t already make sure u have all your results written down as I’m pretty sure you can just copy from them. Be familiar with the structure of the assignment, and most importantly just make sure through out the whole thing that you are staying relevant to your aim. Hope this helps
thank you, was very helpful!
amadden01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
thanks so much, i used the sqa site
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (405)
67.95%
No (191)
32.05%

Watched Threads