The Student Room Group

A-Level French

So I'm in year 12 doing french and i'm finding it extremely difficult at the minute, was just wondering if anyone had any useful revision methods and/or techniques to help me improve my grade?
Quizlet for vocab is a life saver aha
If you can get one of those grammar exercise booklets? It's really good for nailing the basics and helping you get to grips with some of the more tricky stuff.
If you have time read around the topics from the textbook, like news articles - it helps you learn more vocab, is really good for listening and reading, and useful for the speaking exam when they like you to put some knowledge about French speaking countries in

Hope this helps!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Crime brûlée
Quizlet for vocab is a life saver aha
If you can get one of those grammar exercise booklets? It's really good for nailing the basics and helping you get to grips with some of the more tricky stuff.t
If you have time read around the topics from the textbook, like news articles - it helps you learn more vocab, is really good for listening and reading, and useful for the speaking exam when they like you to put some knowledge about French speaking countries in

Hope this helps!! :smile:

thank u!!
Year 13 French atm and applied to do it at uni. 5 main methods that I swear by:
1. Talking to native speakers (apps such as HelloTalk are good, especially if you don't have a pen-friend etc) and letting them correct your grammar. This will particularly help the basics as well as meaning that you get used to communicating your thoughts.
2. Quizlet vocab. My class has a y13 and y12 group and we've taken it in turns to make a vocab set for every word list in the textbooks... biggest set is 850 words so it does take a while to do, but it does help in every area of the course!
3. Grammar exercise books, particularly the translation sections.
4. Reading novels in French. The first one is always really hard, but I found that by the end I was so much more confident reading and understanding even when I didn't understand every word on the page. If you can find a book that you enjoy, that's even better. I read 'Bakhita' as my 3rd/4th book and loved it! If you highlight/ take note of new words as you go trhoguh, you can also add these to quizlet.
5. Practice essays on given literary topics.

Quick Reply

Latest