nerual16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m a girl who’s 16 and I’ve never been to a party or “gath” as us brits like to call some of them. Every weekend literally everyone I see on snapchat is at something and I’m always bored at home on my phone watching everyone having fun. It’s not that I don’t have friends, because I do, but they don’t go to things out of choice or they do but they’re at things with people I don’t know. Is it normal to not get invited to any thing? I just feel as though I’m not living my teenage life
Advertisement
Yellow_234
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is normal not get invited for stuff but that shouldn’t stop you from having fun ? If people don’t invite you you could always throw a party with close friends and maybe that way you get invited to some parties??
123qwerty22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im the same age as you and I have never been to these gath things, I feel like I wouldn't like it to be honest, neither have I been invited to one. I have been to partys though. But don't do things that you wouldn't be comfortable doing. And yes it is normal I would say, everyone has different teenage experiences and to be fair I still feel like I'm 12 :flute: but I would say if you do aspire that more social life, try putting yourself out there more, maybe. For example I joined NCS in the summer where I met so much people my age and I broke out of my comfort zone and now I love meeting new people. I am still in touch with a lot of these people and even get invited to their partys. Meet new people through your close friends and events like this and yes maybe invite people to parties or events and this way they would consider inviting you too. Try see how the flow goes but the party celebrant would want to invite people they're close to in a way, so maybe try getting to know other people more and getting close to them. Don't force anything though, good friendships bloom if they're not forced
nerual16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am actually doing NCS in the summer, so hopefully I will meet people there, I woukd 100 percent have my own party if I had the space and my parents would allow it though and yeah it’s just if u know a particular person who knows people it’s like a chain and then before you know it you have loads of friends who have parties . Some people are just lucky
Pudd_27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by nerual16)
I’m a girl who’s 16 and I’ve never been to a party or “gath” as us brits like to call some of them. Every weekend literally everyone I see on snapchat is at something and I’m always bored at home on my phone watching everyone having fun. It’s not that I don’t have friends, because I do, but they don’t go to things out of choice or they do but they’re at things with people I don’t know. Is it normal to not get invited to any thing? I just feel as though I’m not living my teenage life
Well, I think it's a little unusual. But at the same time, we are in a global pandemic, if that's not the case, then they r just not cool ppl.
Advertisement
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
u r being passive. y depend on being invited by others to have fun? ur self-worth is thereby attached to their capricious and not-useful evaluation of ur status.

instead propose a rlly fun event urself and share on Snap etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.5%
No I am happy with my choice (23)
57.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.5%

Watched Threads