(hopefully not) pulling an eva smith - a 2020 gyg blog Watch

username5093898
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
not a good start considering i wanted to do this at the start of january 😬 better late ig?
anyway... hi there, i’m b (obviously shortened), and i’m in year 11.
:party:
subjects i take:
Spoiler:
Show
english lang - aqa
english lit - aqa (macbeth, an inspector calls, jekyll and hyde, power & conflict)
maths - edexcel higher
chemistry - edexcel higher
biology - edexcel higher
physics- edexcel higher
history - edexcel (nazi germany, crime and punishment, cold war, anglo saxon and norman england)
psychology- aqa
french - aqa higher
health & social - ocr cam nat

mock grades, grades i want:
Spoiler:
Show
eng lang - 8 (1 mark off 9), 9
eng lit- 7+, 8
maths - 8, 8
chem - 7, 8
bio - 9, 9
physics - 9, 9
history - 9, 9
psych - 9,9
french - 5, 7
health - didn’t do mock, want D*

a small bit about me:
i’m deputy head girl, in academy council, a youth non-profit leader, and an air cadet

future plans:
i want to do a level law, psychology and history next year, as well as either economics or epq. i’m hoping to go to oxbridge for history or law.

ill probably update this everyday/every other day, depending on how much work i need to do, talking about revision, exams, the subjects i take, etc.
Last edited by username5093898; 4 weeks ago
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
all the best! psych gcse sounds fun, hope its not as draining as a level though -__-
username5093898
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
all the best! psych gcse sounds fun, hope its not as draining as a level though -__-
thank you! it’s one of my favourite subjects. it’s one of the hardest gcses, especially since there’s not many resources for it, and there are some boring topics (*cough cough* research methods) but i don’t regret it at all
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Bmg1374)
thank you! it’s one of my favourite subjects. it’s one of the hardest gcses, especially since there’s not many resources for it, and there are some boring topics (*cough cough* research methods) but i don’t regret it at all
research methods sUCk omg,, that's a shame there aren't many resources for it. a level looks less bleak, especially if you do aqa - literally memorising the textbook will get you decent grades
LovingLucy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
not a good start considering i wanted to do this at the start of january 😬 better late ig?
subjects i take:
Spoiler:
Show
english lang - aqa
english lit - aqa (macbeth, an inspector calls, jekyll and hyde, power & conflict)
maths - edexcel higher
biology - edexcel higher
physics- edexcel higher
history - edexcel (nazi germany, crime and punishment, cold war, anglo saxon and norman england)
psychology- aqa
french - aqa higher

Spoiler:
Show
eng lit- 7+, 8
maths - 8, 8
chem - 7, 8
bio - 9, 9
physics - 9, 9
history - 9, 9
psych - 9,9
french - 5, 7

a small bit about me:
i’m deputy head girl, in academy council, a youth non-profit leader, and an air cadet

future plans:
i want to do a level law, psychology and history next year, as well as either economics or epq. i’m hoping to go to oxbridge for history or law.

ill probably update this everyday/every other day, depending on how much work i need to do, talking about revision, exams, the subjects i take, etc.
Psychology sounds amazing I want to do it at college good Luck
username5093898
Rep:
?
(Original post by LucyOr15)
Psychology sounds amazing I want to do it at college good Luck
thank you! i love the subject but it’s nothing like i thought it’d be tbh
LovingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
thank you! i love the subject but it’s nothing like i thought it’d be tbh
In a good or a bad way
username5093898
Rep:
?
(Original post by LucyOr15)
In a good or a bad way
a bit of both. some topics i didn’t expect to do i hate (research methods) but some of them i love (development and brain and neuropsychology). as long as you don’t expect to like every topic i think it’s fine tbh
LovingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
a bit of both. some topics i didn’t expect to do i hate (research methods) but some of them i love (development and brain and neuropsychology). as long as you don’t expect to like every topic i think it’s fine tbh
That makes sense it’s kinda like that with every subject to be fair
username5093898
Rep:
?
i was going to update this properly tonight but then i went to take a picture and everything i wrote got deleted :banghead: lesson learned to take pictures before i start typing
my day was pretty standard anyway. i skipped extra curricular stuff today to do revision, since i feel like i have tons to do still. i only started revising properly on jan 1st, and wish i’d started earlier. if you haven’t started yet, START NOW.
over the past few days i’ve focused on english literature. i did 15 pages on macbeth themes, and 10 on an inspector calls characters today. i’m so happy with my progress in english - in a couple months i’ve gone from a 6 to 1 mark below a 9 in my mock in language. hopefully ill get the 9 next time! a good mindset, practice and a great teacher will get you very far.

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  9F21D0B3-523A-4A6F-A751-AC92AC175AB7.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  285.5 KB

that’s all i’m willing to write tonight after i deleted it all already. bye!

:ciao:
LovingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i was going to update this properly tonight but then i went to take a picture and everything i wrote got deleted :banghead: lesson learned to take pictures before i start typing
my day was pretty standard anyway. i skipped extra curricular stuff today to do revision, since i feel like i have tons to do still. i only started revising properly on jan 1st, and wish i’d started earlier. if you haven’t started yet, START NOW.
over the past few days i’ve focused on english literature. i did 15 pages on macbeth themes, and 10 on an inspector calls characters today. i’m so happy with my progress in english - in a couple months i’ve gone from a 6 to 1 mark below a 9 in my mock in language. hopefully ill get the 9 next time! a good mindset, practice and a great teacher will get you very far.

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  9F21D0B3-523A-4A6F-A751-AC92AC175AB7.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  285.5 KB

that’s all i’m willing to write tonight after i deleted it all already. bye!

:ciao:
Omg I’ve had that it’s so annoying
Mona123456
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
subjects i take:
Spoiler:
Show
english lang - aqa
maths - edexcel higher
biology - edexcel higher
physics- edexcel higher
psychology- aqa
french - aqa higher

Spoiler:
Show
eng lit- 7+, 8
maths - 8, 8
chem - 7, 8
bio - 9, 9
physics - 9, 9
history - 9, 9
psych - 9,9
french - 5, 7

a small bit about me:

future plans:

Those are fantastic mock grades. Good luck with your exams and let me know if you have any questions about Economics A Level or Oxbridge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads