A sacrifice of the University of Sheffield for the UG Cambridge, computer science. Watch

mosesff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
From an email from the University of Cambridge, stated was the opportunity to study more A Level study and equivelent for a 'considered' application to Trinity Hall.

This would be a foundation year and A Level mathematics at A.

This is not a rather hard achievement.
Although Cambridge has stated an interview 'would be good' to divulge into this matter further and learn more of relevant experience.

This would mean the a refusal of UEA- BSc Computing Science and the University of Sheffield- BSc Computer Science and foundation year courses from a UCA application.

The top league university of the two is Sheffield and they require a foundation year, which is 1 year of additional study for their course.

A foundation year course is a course which consists of various modules 'roughly equivalent to A Levels'.

A foundation year and A level mathematics would be considered, but why not two years of study when the second year would be two a levels intensive, mathematics A Level and another related A Level. This would be especially good for an application, which includes a previous BTEC national diploma and key skills and other qualifications (computer related).

Various computer experience and compute related qualifications within the field has allowed this to progress further. The main problem is GCSEs, which include 2 D and 1 E grades. This would mean at least one GCSE for an A*.

That would be a worthy achievement.

mosesff
Kitty Pimms
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Erm...what are you actually asking, if anything? Am I missing something? :confused:
apotoftea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by IlexAquifolium)
Erm...what are you actually asking, if anything? Am I missing something? :confused:
Unless there's a secret message hidden in there, I've missed the point entirely too :confused:
Noémie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm very confused. cambridge does foundation years? they're giving you a decision now? at this point in the year?
hang on, htey're not actually giving you an offer they're just saying maybe if you did soem more work we'd think about you, but we wouldn't absolutely take you.
i'd stick with sheffield tbh.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't see any question marks in that message. What is the question?

You got into Cambridge instead of Sheffield. Well, congratulations. However, I don't really care.
mosesff
Rep:
?
In reference.....

The question is would Cambridge be worth attending containing all the extra study mentioned above or would it be worth applying to Sheffield for a foundation year?

The foundatiion year is one year, roughly equivalent to A-Levels in Sheffield or as a back up in Bath university.

mosesff.
Noémie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by mosesff)
In reference.....

The question is would Cambridge be worth attending containing all the extra study mentioned above or would it be worth applying to Sheffield for a foundation year?

The foundatiion year is one year, roughly equivalent to A-Levels in Sheffield or as a back up in Bath university.

mosesff.
couldn't you just apply to them all and see what happens?
mosesff
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noémie)
couldn't you just apply to them all and see what happens?
After studying the study of 1 or 2 years? That seems logical.
Noémie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm so confused.
mosesff
Rep:
?
i'm so confused.
Why?

A repeat: After studying A Levels for one or two years to apply to Sheffield and UEA and Cambridge, that is logical.
Noémie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why?

A repeat: After studying A Levels for one or two years to apply to Sheffield and UEA and Cambridge, that is logical.
what would you have done otherwise?
SusDev
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You have to perform a sacrifice of the University of Sheffield? Was this Cambridge that emailed you or some crazy cult?
RocketTown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
the email's from the assassins guild most likely. i think he's saying that for him to get into cambridge he has to kill the entire university of sheffield.
mosesff
Rep:
?
what would you have done otherwise?
Sheffield and UEA would be cancelled as UCAS choices.

Cambridge would be the priority.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Am I the only one still missing the point here? :eek:
g_star_raw_1989
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
What the ****, is this guy on about ?
RocketTown
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Sheffield and UEA would be cancelled as UCAS choices.

Cambridge would be the priority.

but then what will you do when you don't get into cambridge?
faber niger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In reference.....

mosesff.
I think you should leave Cambridge out. If you can't get your message across adequately enough on here, you're bound to flounder in the interview.

P.S. I think that this could well be a troll, here simply to annoy us. :mad: Unless the OP just does not have English as his first language -- in which case he'd have to be excellent, I imagine, at computing to make up for the language deficit.
mosesff
Rep:
?
(Original post by RocketTown)
but then what will you do when you don't get into cambridge?
You are obviously of no help, enjoy continuing your undermining comments.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
mosesff can you give me some of that stuff you're smoking?

I'm completely lost as to what the point/question/argument of this thread is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads