username5140510
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
England is starting to turn into India when it comes to sexual assaults.
It's becoming significantly common and most of the police don't seem to bother. This is often notable when it comes to harassment, pedophiles getting the easier route out.
The government needs to push for stricter punishment such as the death penalty and there needs be more awareness with these types of situation.

Recently, the met have introduced smart cameras. BUT there needs to more police and staff members and security guards in transport areas.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't support the death penalty to punish any crime or criminal offender.

But I agree with you that far too many unduly lenient sentences are routinely being handed out to the most vicious and dangerous of criminals.
Imprisonment sentences for the worst of crimes must prioritise public safety & national security and include no opportunity for early release- sending out a clear message to all that the uk criminal justice system operates from a 'crime doesn't pay' stance.
'Life must mean life' for all convicted murderers, convicted terrorists who kill/conspire to facilitate fatal attacks and convicted serial rapists.
Ragman75
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YaJurton)
England is starting to turn into India when it comes to sexual assaults.
It's becoming significantly common and most of the police don't seem to bother. This is often notable when it comes to harassment, pedophiles getting the easier route out.
The government needs to push for stricter punishment such as the death penalty and there needs be more awareness with these types of situation.

Recently, the met have introduced smart cameras. BUT there needs to more police and staff members and security guards in transport areas.
Ikr we need to crack down on grooming gangs
Pinkisk
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I agree with harsher punishments for serious crimes. I also agree that punishments for serious crimes are to light in this country. However, I do not agree with the claim that rape/sexual assaults are becoming common.

There is a direct correlation between liberalism and the incidence of rape/sexual assault. The more liberal a society the more loose and wide the definition for sexual assaults and rape. The more liberal a society the harder it is for those accused of such crimes to defend themselves (rape shields) and the easier it is for false accuser to get away with such accusations. The more liberal a society the easier it is to convict people of rape/sexual assault. Hence, the more liberal a society the higher the rape/sexual assault statistics.

In reality, rape is one of the least common types of serious crime. Statistics in countries like the UK and Sweden are highly unreliable because the individuals who write the statistics in these countries have an inherent bias.

Let me give an example...look up statistics for violence in the ONS. Wherever you find a statistic where men suffer greater disadvantage it is usually followed by the word "but" aimed at trivialising the disparity and dismissing it in favour of the opposite sex. Here's an example:

"Figure 8: Most victims of homicide and violence with injury offences were men, but victims of violence without injury were more likely to be women"

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...ndingmarch2018

You find this everywhere in our official government reports. Disparities affecting women are exaggerated. Disparities affecting men are dismissed and trivialised. You can clearly see that the individuals writing these reports have an inherent ideological bias that benefits from presenting women as victims in society, an ideological bias that does not benefit from presenting men as victims. Government statistics in this country tend to exaggerate crimes affecting women. They are written by individuals with ideological biases. They are unreliable.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (459)
51.34%
No (435)
48.66%

Watched Threads