what's the difference between bisexual and pansexual? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
^^
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
i think that people say bisexuality is attraction taking gender into account, might have a preference, gender is a factor in whether or not somebody is attractive but pansexuals just don’t take gender into account, don’t have preferences etc. that being said, i say i’m bi and i still don’t fully understand the difference lol, i feel like for the most part its just different preferences as to which label people want to use. i could be wrong tho
tubphonecase
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm not pan or bi but as far as I'm aware:
Bisexuality is the attraction to two genders, normally male and female.
Pansexuality is attraction regardless of genders, including genders outside of the binary.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bisexual people are attracted to men and to women. Pansexual people are attracted to others without taking gender into account at all. In practice this means that bisexual people aren't attracted to people who are genderfluid, gender nonconforming, nonbinary, or generally not easily classifiable as male or as female; whereas pansexual people are.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When I was a teenager, we used to joke that bisexuals were greedy. I guess that now needs be said about pansexuals lol.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bisexual is that you're sexually attracted to both men and women.
Pansexual is that you're not limited to choice of a sexual partner. They could be of a particular gender or sexuality. You're more interested in their personality than predetermined societal labels that everyone is categorised by.
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
bisexuality is an attraction towards the same and opposite gender, or more. essentially attraction to gender
pansexuality is an attraction to a person regardless of gender, based less on what parts they have beneath, and more about attraction to people.

it’s hard to explain it in words, even for a pansexual such as myself haha.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
|(pan - bi)|
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (157)
60.62%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.25%
No- I want it (73)
28.19%
No- I don't want it (18)
6.95%

Watched Threads