ERERWERWER3232
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im very purplexed rn :/ How are you abstain a relationship with another girl without it ever getting uncomfortable to the extent where you have nothing to talk about. i see my friends with there girlfriends and i just cant understand.
Brookemyhill2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Please explain what you mean
ERERWERWER3232
Rep:
?
what i mean is when you have girlfriend. how do people have a genuine relationship in which they can chat for hours without things being awkward. like when you feel that thers nothing to say and theres a awkward silence
biisii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ERERWERWER3232)
what i mean is when you have girlfriend. how do people have a genuine relationship in which they can chat for hours without things being awkward. like when you feel that thers nothing to say and theres a awkward silence
If you have a lot in common I doubt it’ll ever get boring. And if you guys are really cool, it’s easy to let them know when it becomes awkward so both of you can try diff stuff out together. But do you mean chat 24/7?
Brookemyhill2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I get you now! I’ve only ever had one boyfriend and he was a weed smoking dingbat. The more I think about it the more I realise I hated him then as well, but was too in love to admit that.

That’s your answer. Love.
Especially, the version of love that the world has drilled into us. We must fight for the ones we love! We can work it out! Life is very short and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friend. Disney. Every single Hugh Grant movie. You name it, we all want to be successful and love accommodates that. It’s not even about getting along. Like myself I enjoy deep conversations and reading everything I can, I’m a big nerd with a blonde head on my shoulders. That’s why I was dumped, for another blonde girl, with no brain. It’s about STATUS.
why do you think the annoying, rude, loud girls get the boyfriends that are the “hottest”? because people think that they’ll be elevated in status and loved by others. That’s why King’s married other high status women... reputation is dangerously absorbing.

i can tell you’re quite philosophical. You’re out of the matrix. Welcome to the team.
Last edited by Brookemyhill2001; 1 year ago
ERERWERWER3232
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brookemyhill2001)
I get you now! I’ve only ever had one boyfriend and he was a weed smoking dingbat. The more I think about it the more I realise I hated him then as well, but was too in love to admit that.

That’s your answer. Love.
Especially, the version of love that the world has drilled into us. We must fight for the ones we love! We can work it out! Life is very short and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friend. Disney. Every single Hugh Grant movie. You name it, we all want to be successful and love accommodates that. It’s not even about getting along. Like myself I enjoy deep conversations and reading everything I can, I’m a big nerd with a blonde head on my shoulders. That’s why I was dumped, for another blonde girl, with no brain. It’s about STATUS.
why do you think the annoying, rude, loud girls get the boyfriends that are the “hottest”? because people think that they’ll be elevated in status and loved by others. That’s why King’s married other high status women... reputation is dangerously absorbing.

i can tell you’re quite philosophical. You’re out of the matrix. Welcome to the team.
whats your honest opinion on love? My opinion is that love is a chemical reaction and once the reactant is stopped no more product (love) could be made
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
whats your honest opinion on love? My opinion is that love is a chemical reaction and once the reactant is stopped no more product (love) could be made
It's true that it gets less exciting with a person after a while. That doesn't necessarily mean the love has stopped. In the best case, it just means that the burning, passionate, novelty-fuelled love has slowed down, and the slow, deep, meaningful, mutual-understanding-fuelled love has begun.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I've never been a huge talker, neither had my ex, we just kinda ****ed around and often played games like trying to make the other person laugh in a busy public place. We never talked for hours, probably a red flag really but there just wasn't anything to say. Never really got awkward because we found other ways to fill the void of not spending hours constantly talking (honestly looking back we barely spoke unless we were hanging out in person like once or twice a week.. Pretty ****ty now im thinking about it)

Im sure there's ways around the awkwardness, start doing activities together, seeing movies, watching the same shows and then you will have more things to talk about (:
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I've only had two people in my life I've not run out of things to say to, one was just a guy friend, one is my current bf. Personally I just feel like I don't connect with anyone else, hence I run out of things to say, despite being friends with or getting on with most people.
I dont really know how to explain it, it's just a click or connection with someone, you have a lot to say because you are comfortable with them, you feel like you belong and can literally say everything and anything, you get to know them on a much deeper level than most surface friendships. I'm not sure this answers your question and I'm a girl but yeah
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Actually thinking about it, when I was younger I wondered how my parents still had stuff to say to each other after all those years, and not get bored
Like surely you run out of topics to talk about? I've not been with some one long enough to know
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
It’s all about being comfortable when y’all first talk. It’s like friends u have those friends that u just click with first time I meet therefore I. Are able to go on for hours non stop by there are those who u don’t really click entirely with and it’s not as good. U just need more time and try to let loose and not think too much on what to say and be genuine. Try to get to know more about her.
Brookemyhill2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe love is just that, a chemical process. But the question lies there still... the Why?

why do we feel that “ I must have you forever “ feeling? The “we must have things in common.” Trajectory that we feel makes the person a worthy partner? This isn’t just something primitive to humankind, but is seen in a various amount of the animal kingdom.

But not only is love something that’s basic animal instinct, it’s a fundamental factor of our philosophical make up. That’s why when someone cheats on us, it’s painful in a physical way. It’s a form of “ I own you because you own me.” Maybe thats the reason why a lot of GBH in relationships on either side come from discovering your partner doesn’t love you anymore.

so, relating this all to your question about love meaning something... yes it does. It’s is just chemicals, but why they exist seems to serve a greater purpose. Is it the soul? The mind? Who knows, but it’s something.
ERERWERWER3232
Rep:
?
i have no friends at school , i am a introvert. However at school (City Of Wolverhampton College) i notice alot of asians staring at me. im confused on whether thats a good thing or not. honestly to be really honest i just want a girlfriend to take care of and talk to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (48)
28.92%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.43%
No I am happy with my choice (92)
55.42%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.23%

Watched Threads