cyber1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am at a point in my masters where I know I've gone this far, so I have to finish it. I have seven months left. I was just wondering if anyone has managed to quit their masters and how did it go, what led you to quitting, did you have a plan in place or was it just that's it I'm done? If you chose to stay, was it worth staying now that you are done? Did it help you get to the thing you wanted to do even though its got nothing to do with what you studied?

Basically, Is there a path for me if I do quit?

I would really appreciate the advice
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by cyber1995)
I am at a point in my masters where I know I've gone this far, so I have to finish it. I have seven months left. I was just wondering if anyone has managed to quit their masters and how did it go, what led you to quitting, did you have a plan in place or was it just that's it I'm done? If you chose to stay, was it worth staying now that you are done? Did it help you get to the thing you wanted to do even though its got nothing to do with what you studied?

Don't quit. You have already started it, better to complete it.
cyber1995
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Don't quit. You have already started it, better to complete it.
I know this I'm too much of a coward to quit, anyway.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know this I'm too much of a coward to quit, anyway.
Try to figure out why you want to leave and what are your future plans. It would be better IMO to finish it esp as it is 7 months rather than multiple years.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I mean if you drop out of a master's it's probably not that bad tbh, since you have undergrad to fall back on.

But no one really discusses it often, since most people choose to do a master's.. Are older, understand their strengths and weaknesses, pay exorbitant not covered fees etc.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I quit when I was 21 or so as I was having a hard time with my social anxiety and drinking too much. My Dad said if it's causing you so much stress just quit, and I did. The relief was immense. I went back later and stuided a different master's when I was in a different frame of mind.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

During my MA, one of my peers decided that completing the master's component (i.e. the research dissertation) wasn't for him, so he stopped after the taught modules were complete and graduated with a PGDip (postgraduate diploma). Tbh, I don't know what he's doing now and whether he had a clear plan for afterwards, but it would be a lot less stressful to have a plan of action if you choose to leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (205)
61.93%
Yes- I don't like it (13)
3.93%
No- I want it (90)
27.19%
No- I don't want it (23)