Maths/Further Maths A-levels as a private candidate Watch

MeganUnderhill1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
*This is a repost because something went wrong with my other account*

So I’ve decided I want to do economics in university, but it’s too late in the year to start more A levels at my college. However, my parents have offered to pay for me to have private tutoring, and then I’d sit the papers as a private candidate. My question is; being 13 or however many weeks from exam period we are, is It realistically possible to get an A in both Maths and Further maths with 1 private tutoring session a week for each subject, plus whatever revision I can do at home? If not, since Further maths isn’t a requirement for most Uni’s (it just strengthens your application) What if I just sit Maths? would it be more realistic to get a good grade out of just regular Maths after the next 13 weeks? In which case, should I take the session I would have had for further maths and do 2 sessions a week of regular maths instead, or would 1 per week be enough?

If you think you can help/have any advice please tell me, because I need to make a decision ASAP. Thanks. 🙂
Last edited by MeganUnderhill1; 3 weeks ago
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If you're not studying Maths now then you have very little chance of getting a half decent grade by the Summer. Take another year over it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise