The Student Room Group

What can i do to get my teacher to like me?

I recently joined a different teacher's class, due to a change in timetable. He was really nice at first. But I get the impression that he hates me. He tried to get me to quit my dyslexia appt. for his intervention despite knowing deadlines for it was in the same week.He also doesn't respond to my answers in class, with others he will expand or say "good". I started going to a how-to achieve an A* revision with the head of English lit (other people from his class is going) and after he found out I went, he said in front of the class I should be using my time to achieve things that's achievable for me. I dread each of his lessons and it is affecting my mental health as every essay I write everything I say and do will never be good enough.

Edit- no i have never been late to any of his classes or had over due homework.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Artandcoffeeshop
I recently joined a different teachers class, due to a change in timetable. He was really nice at first. But i get the impression that he hates me. He tried to get me to quit my dyslexia appt. for his intervention despite knowing deadlines for it was in the same week.He also doesn't respond to my answers in class, with others he will expand or say "good". I started going to a how to achieve an A* revision with the head of English lit (other people from his class is going) and after he found out i went, he said in front of the class i should be using my time to achieve things thats achievable for me. I dread each of his lessons and its affecting my mental health as every essay i write everything i say and do will never be good enough.

not gonna lie i doubt think theres anything you can do to make him like you. some teachers are just horrible ****ers. you could always email him telling him you dont like how hes treating you or something. or you could get a parent to complain, imo he shouldnt be treating you like that and if hes not called up on it hes not gonna stop it is he? also if you or your parents make a complaint it will either make the situation worse or better and if its makes it worse you can just complain again and maybe the school will try and sort something out with a different teacher or something idk, but he shouldnt be allowed to carry of treating a student like that
be funny. every one like funny people
Original post by Igotbbcalevel
be funny. every one like funny people

except if a teacher already dislikes you, being the funny one can just lead to them having even more of a reason to treat you badly

Quick Reply

Latest