Markianb12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
what happens if you apply for a higher apprenticeship level 4 but then after you finish it want to do a level 6 in the same company and and fields like project management because Unilever offer both level 4 and level 6 project management
wanjo1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In most cases, the company may allow you to extend your apprenticeship for a further year so that you finish with a Level 6. This may differ from every company, so it is best that you ask them via e-mail.
IBM UK Careers
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey!
I'm an apprentice at IBM, and originally applied for the Degree pathway. Although I didn't end up getting this route, I accepted my offer of a level 4 and I am now going on to do the level 6 (degree) -once I complete my end point assessment .
Hope this helps
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Markianb12)
what happens if you apply for a higher apprenticeship level 4 but then after you finish it want to do a level 6 in the same company and and fields like project management because Unilever offer both level 4 and level 6 project management
Generally what a company will do under these circumstances is have you complete your level 4 qualification. They will then (if happy with your performance) will ask you to go on to do a level 6 with an actual job rather than an extended apprenticeship (job pay). For example, people where I work have had their apprenticeships go from a BTEC and NVQ to a HNC, to a HND and to an open uni BEng and then chartership with the IET.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (479)
59.43%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.33%
No- I want it (231)
28.66%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.58%

Watched Threads