The Student Room Group

HELP !! Fine Art BA (Hons) 1st semester mishap

I'm in my first semester of my first year on the course and have gotten 2x 2:1's in my modules however my 2,000 word essay completely erased itself when I was reformatting it (my laptop crashed and I couldn't recover the file )to submit and i'm unable to rewrite it in time at all as im going abroad tomorrow...today (nearly 3am) . will I be fine? or am I screwed as much as I think I am? help !!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Ellipsyss
I'm in my first semester of my first year on the course and have gotten 2x 2:1's in my modules however my 2,000 word essay completely erased itself when I was reformatting it (my laptop crashed and I couldn't recover the file )to submit and i'm unable to rewrite it in time at all as im going abroad tomorrow...today (nearly 3am) . will I be fine? or am I screwed as much as I think I am? help !!!!!!!

I would email your tutor and explain then get that essay done while you are away and submit it as soon as possible.If you usually hand work in on time then you should be okay.But I don't know how it works in your uni.Perhaps request an extension from your supervisor after the explanation.Not much else you can do really and learn to BACK UP YOUR WORK before you mess about with it next time!Why were you reformatting at this hour anyway?
They don't accept technology issues as a reason for extenuating circumstances. Start working on it now and do as much as you can. Next time, back everything up constantly.

Quick Reply

Latest