The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2020 struggle

Anyone else finding it extremely hard to revise? I get so many homeworks and consider them as revision when they’re really not and I waste so much time trying to revise.. is it to late ?
Any advices?
And what to do with the ‘can’t be bothered mood’ ??
Hi :hello:

I've put together revision techniques that I used as a student to get a First Class undergraduate degree.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have nay questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:
Reply 2
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi :hello:

I've put together revision techniques that I used as a student to get a First Class undergraduate degree.

Study SMART Not Long: It much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.
o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have nay questions, feel free to ask!

Melissa :five:

Omg thank you so much I’ll definitely try your tips.
How many hours do you recommend revising a day for a GCSE student considering she wants 7s in all subjects
Original post by RM611
Omg thank you so much I’ll definitely try your tips.
How many hours do you recommend revising a day for a GCSE student considering she wants 7s in all subjects

Hi @RM611

You are welcome.

I would say that you should be looking at doing 30 mins on each subject after school. An only revise maybe 3/4 subjects on one given night.

Dom :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi @RM611

You are welcome.

I would say that you should be looking at doing 30 mins on each subject after school. An only revise maybe 3/4 subjects on one given night.

Dom :h:[/QUOT
i will try this out tonight
Thanks a lot!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending