thaisrib
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey there,
I am currently halfway through my first year of the IB. My subjects are as follows:
HL Language and Literature, HL French B, SL History, HL Chemistry, HL Biology, and SL Math AA

I took these courses because I was set on doing medicine, however my passions and generally the subjects I do most well in are English and the Humanities. Right now, the majority of the courses I am looking into for university are political science and international relations. Additionally, I have been struggling in Chemistry. During class I am really interested in the subject (I literally enjoy and find interest in every class, though) but my grades are bringing down my prospects compared to my other classes. I have spoken to my teachers and I will be pushing History up to a Higher Level subject for sure, however I want to drop chemistry as a class altogether.
My only other option that I can move into as a second humanities class at my school is Psychology. I am really interested, and would take this as an SL. It is January of 11th grade, however, and I'm scared I won't be able to catch up with all the contents...Is it too late to switch? Is there any other advice I could use?
Thank you
Last edited by thaisrib; 3 weeks ago
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You took four HLs? Brave of you...
thaisrib
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I speak French, and so HL French B really isn't much of a stress as my other HLs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (361)
66.98%
No (178)
33.02%

Watched Threads