The Student Room Group

EPQ

Hi, I would like to study medicine at university and am currently doing A levels and therefore EPQ. Are there any recommendations of the topics that I can do?
It would be a great help thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by shimolishah15
Hi, I would like to study medicine at university and am currently doing A levels and therefore EPQ. Are there any recommendations of the topics that I can do?
It would be a great help thanks.

Your options are pretty much unlimited! Are there any particular areas you're interested in? I know some people do nanoscience and the ethical implications of that, some people do research into particular conditions, some do the development of children. Do you have a particular area that interests you at the moment? Neuroscience? Cardiology? If you are considering studying medicine at univesity and have any idea of the content they would cover, you could look at that area in depth.
Original post by Lumi172
Your options are pretty much unlimited! Are there any particular areas you're interested in? I know some people do nanoscience and the ethical implications of that, some people do research into particular conditions, some do the development of children. Do you have a particular area that interests you at the moment? Neuroscience? Cardiology? If you are considering studying medicine at univesity and have any idea of the content they would cover, you could look at that area in depth.

I as thinking to do something related to science and its ethics. Something like the ethical issues with processes such as double blind trials etc...
Reply 3
Original post by shimolishah15
I as thinking to do something related to science and its ethics. Something like the ethical issues with processes such as double blind trials etc...

That's cool. If you haven't already do some research on it. I'm not an expert. I don't know much about science past GCSE lol. I can't give you your question for you. Once you do some research on some of these issues, it might be easier for you to figure out your question.
Good luck!
Original post by Lumi172
That's cool. If you haven't already do some research on it. I'm not an expert. I don't know much about science past GCSE lol. I can't give you your question for you. Once you do some research on some of these issues, it might be easier for you to figure out your question.
Good luck!

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending