7kindsofbored
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
planning to study chemical engineering in uni next year. Physics for me is doable, I've never failed at it but I do find it the most boring science amongst chem and bio. Just wanted a quick idea of how hard the physics involved in chemical engineering is
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you find chemistry boring why are you doing chemical engineering and not something like aero, electrical or mech eng? I've also read posts here that chemical engineering is not what many people expect it to be in terms of how much chemistry content it has.

EDIT: Ignore, I made a mistake.
Last edited by 0le; 1 year ago
Blooper859
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 0le)
If you find chemistry boring why are you doing chemical engineering and not something like aero, electrical or mech eng? I've also read posts here that chemical engineering is not what many people expect it to be in terms of how much chemistry content it has.
I think he means Physics is the most boring for him, out of the three sciences.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Blooper859)
I think he means Physics is the most boring for him, out of the three sciences.
You are right. I have made a mistake.
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi

I'm a fourth year chemical engineer at the University of Birmingham. Chem eng does involve some physics such as fluid mechanics and heat and mass transfer. However I'd say the physics is in a very different context to at school, it's alot more practical and applied. Saying that though chemical engineering, despite the name involves more physics than chemistry.

If you'd like to find out more I'd check out whynotchemeng online or university open days are a great way to find out more.

Thanks

Harry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (63)
12.28%
Virtual campus tours/open days (120)
23.39%
Live streaming events (46)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (50)
9.75%
A uni comparison tool (119)
23.2%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.42%