Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Let’s say you owed someone money, but it was their fault that you owed them because they pulled out of a concert that you agreed to go to. So you offer bank transfer but they are demanding cash, as in like they are demanding that you drive to their house and post on through the letter box. They have suggested that their dad will come and collect it, but the problem is you haven’t got the cash. What would you do?
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If you owe the money then you need to pay it.
If you can do a bank transfer then you can go to speed bank
There was nothing to stop you going to the concert. If you didn’t go that was your choice. It is therefore not their fault you lost out
Last edited by Sammylou40; 4 weeks ago
TG1984
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Let’s say you owed someone money, but it was their fault that you owed them because they pulled out of a concert that you agreed to go to. So you offer bank transfer but they are demanding cash, as in like they are demanding that you drive to their house and post on through the letter box. They have suggested that their dad will come and collect it, but the problem is you haven’t got the cash. What would you do?
Just to check:
This person bought tickets
They later decided that they could not go

is that right?
If so, did they sell the tickets on? Did you not get the chance to at least get your ticket? There does not appear to have been anything to stop you going if it is/was your ticket.
Lots of ifs and buts here - but based on the limited info I would say you don't really owe anything. To keep peace I can see why you are accepting to pay and a transfer should be acceptable - if it were me I'd tell them it's that or nothing.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TG1984)
Just to check:
This person bought tickets
They later decided that they could not go

is that right?
If so, did they sell the tickets on? Did you not get the chance to at least get your ticket? There does not appear to have been anything to stop you going if it is/was your ticket.
Lots of ifs and buts here - but based on the limited info I would say you don't really owe anything. To keep peace I can see why you are accepting to pay and a transfer should be acceptable - if it were me I'd tell them it's that or nothing.
(Original post by Sammylou40)
If you owe the money then you need to pay it.
If you can do a bank transfer then you can go to speed bank
There was nothing to stop you going to the concert. If you didn’t go that was your choice. It is therefore not their fault you lost out
Just making clear, that I bought the tickets a while ago with an okay/yes from them with evidence because it was via text. Before buying it one of their rules were that I could not bail or leave them to go alone. However that’s exactly what they’ve done to me.

For the tickets they paid me in cash, that I used to buy them. Now that they’ve bailed, they’ve left me to sort out selling them, which I’ve done so as I’m now going with a family member, and I got their money back via bank. So I offered to transfer the money back to them or by paypal, but they are demanding that I bring it to them in cash.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You were told when you posted this before. Ask for their bank details to do a transfer; if they want it that badly theyll give on. Or withdraw cash from your account and let it be collected; why us that such a difficult option for you?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just making clear, that I bought the tickets a while ago with an okay/yes from them with evidence because it was via text. Before buying it one of their rules were that I could not bail or leave them to go alone. However that’s exactly what they’ve done to me.

For the tickets they paid me in cash, that I used to buy them. Now that they’ve bailed, they’ve left me to sort out selling them, which I’ve done so as I’m now going with a family member, and I got their money back via bank. So I offered to transfer the money back to them or by paypal, but they are demanding that I bring it to them in cash.
They let you down, that’s clear.
Tell them you’re not available for them to collect cash. Ask for bank details and transfer it
If you hadn’t been able to resell them it would be different. But you have so they’re entitled now to their money back.
Give them it and if I were you I’d ditch them.
They shouldn’t be calling the shots if they are in the wrong
If it happens again then what you should do is give them their tickets and make it clear if they don’t go then the responsibility for selling them is theirs, not yours.
It’s too late now so just get it over and done with
Last edited by Sammylou40; 4 weeks ago
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
They pulled out even though that was going against a "rule" that they'd made up beforehand, and you've had the extra hassle of having to find someone else to go with or sell the tickets so I definitely wouldn't pander to them regarding how the money is given back. If a bank transfer is easiest for you, stick with it. They let you down so have no right to dictate how they get their money back, they're going to get it either way.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 4 weeks ago
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bones-mccoy)
Honestly, they pulled out even though that was going against a "rule" they'd make up beforehand, and you've had the extra hassle of having to find someone else to go with or sell the tickets so I definitely wouldn't pander to them regarding how the money is given back to them. If a bank transfer is easiest for you, stick with it. They let you down so have no right to dictate how they get their money back.
I agree with you. It wasn’t clear in the first post so I revised my view as you can see

Op, have you resolved it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads