Gyms in Reading,UK? Watch

SOFRanger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Greetings all,
I will be visiting the UK, specifically Reading for three weeks or so. Does anyone over here have any recommendations for gyms in the area that have free weights, power racks, and benches? Thanks.
ReadingMum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are lots of gyms which don't tie you in - you will probably have to pay for a month. Depending on where you are staying some will be more convenient than others - there are a few right in the centre.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SOFRanger)
Greetings all,
I will be visiting the UK, specifically Reading for three weeks or so. Does anyone over here have any recommendations for gyms in the area that have free weights, power racks, and benches? Thanks.
Sportspark at the university of Reading has a good gym apparently but don't know if you can join for 3 weeks

https://www.sport.reading.ac.uk/
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sportspark is quite pricey unless you are at the uni (or are married to an alumni )
SOFRanger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
There are lots of gyms which don't tie you in - you will probably have to pay for a month. Depending on where you are staying some will be more convenient than others - there are a few right in the centre.
That's a unique username .

Thank you all for your replies, can't wait to train while enjoying the quaint town of Reading.
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SOFRanger)
That's a unique username .

Thank you all for your replies, can't wait to train while enjoying the quaint town of Reading.
not sure that 'quaint' is quite the word!!!
it is famous for the gaol where they locked up Oscar Wilde, for having a life size replica of the Bayeaux tapestry (except it was done by prim Victorians who omitted certain anatomy that they felt was obscene) and for having held more coronations than Westminster Abbey.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
not sure that 'quaint' is quite the word!!!
it is famous for the gaol where they locked up Oscar Wilde, for having a life size replica of the Bayeaux tapestry (except it was done by prim Victorians who omitted certain anatomy that they felt was obscene) and for having held more coronations than Westminster Abbey.
Yeah but it's nice around the Oracle and Riverside
ReadingMum
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Yeah but it's nice around the Oracle and Riverside
true - that area is a lot nicer than what was there before.
Lyndsey.95
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
The gym
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads