orpswayfair
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm starting a graduate position at PwC in the spring, and I'm a bit anxious about the working culture there (big4 in general)? Can anyone share their experience working at PwC (esp. London, but all regions welcome). I'm curious to read up a bit more to know what to expect.
EloiseRimmer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I have done work experience in the London office and am currently applying for an internship there. Everyone in the office was really friendly and genuinely seemed to like working there and the grads were all really enjoying it and seemed to have a lot of fun as a group (I did work experience in Deals). I think there is a bigger focus on work/ life balance now than there has been in the past but obviously still involves long hours in most lines of service.
orpswayfair
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EloiseRimmer)
I have done work experience in the London office and am currently applying for an internship there. Everyone in the office was really friendly and genuinely seemed to like working there and the grads were all really enjoying it and seemed to have a lot of fun as a group (I did work experience in Deals). I think there is a bigger focus on work/ life balance now than there has been in the past but obviously still involves long hours in most lines of service.
Thanks thats really helpful! I think I've read so many doom and gloom stories online about working in the big4 recently that's made me more anxious than I'd normally be. I guess people like to moan more than they would praise

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there and good luck with your applications
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by orpswayfair)
Thanks thats really helpful! I think I've read so many doom and gloom stories online about working in the big4 recently that's made me more anxious than I'd normally be. I guess people like to moan more than they would praise

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time there and good luck with your applications
Many jobs will be like this. People lose motivation, companies ask people to work overtime etc etc. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You've got a job now so that is one big hurdle out of the way. Finish off the grad scheme and then you can decide whether you want to keep working there or want to try somewhere new. But you'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed