The Student Room Group

Failing first year

Hi, I’d like to know what will happen if I fail first year. What will be the options for me?
You will probably be given the option of retaking exams in August.

If you failed badly, it might be a good idea to think about whether you are on the right course and whether you would find a different subject easier, either at your current uni or a different one
Hi

Most universities offer the option to resit modules or years. If you did resit a year, just be aware that this may use up a year of Student Finance (something to think about if you would like to consider postgraduate study in the future).

If you are struggling, and worried you are going to fail, I would highly recommend talking to someone about this (either a tutor or support worker). If you communicate early enough that you are worried about failing, they should be able to help you.

I hope it all works out okay. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Melissa :smile:
You can be given options to resit certain model and the stage 1 again, however this will impact on your student finance, so do try to avoid this.

If your struggling talk to your tutors about what your struggling with, they should be able to offer assistance, but only if you ask for help early enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending