pops2345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
just thought I should make a chat for music a level 2020 so we can discuss all things a level and how difficult it is.
elsiehxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
omg thank you sm for this - i've just got back my first set of exam results and wasn't very happy with the result that i got. I thought i'd done quite well but in reality i nearly failed. What kind of stuff do you guys do for revision? It's something i struggle with, so any help would be most welcome
pops2345
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I make A3 posters with each AOS on which are colour coded for each element, then I just repeat and condense on a whiteboard, but it is very hard, there is sooo much information to learn that it will be impossible to know everything!!Also wider listening is the vain of my life at the moment, I can’t believe they expect us to know loads of wider listening pieces on top of 18 set works which have lots of movements!! 😫😫
elsiehxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have a Set Works and Wider Listening playlist of all of the set works, and a lot of wider listening links which i've scraped off the Pearson wider listening links, from other A Level students and from my teacher and the study guide. Hope this helps
Hannah Abes XYZ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone know what was on the Paper last year?
Hannah Abes XYZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pops2345)
I just did it as a practise! It was magic flute, Stravinsky and duchess for the listening, a mean dictation, an unknown essay on a 20th Century piece and essay on Schumann, Beatles, Debussy
omg! I have my mock this afternoon and I'm hoping they use this paper so, let's hope this is on it
rubeist359
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pops2345)
I just did it as a practise! It was magic flute, Stravinsky and duchess for the listening, a mean dictation, an unknown essay on a 20th Century piece and essay on Schumann, Beatles, Debussy
(Original post by Hannah Abes XYZ)
omg! I have my mock this afternoon and I'm hoping they use this paper so, let's hope this is on it
what type of piece was the 20th century unknown essay eg stravinsky style? and thanks for this info!
Hannah Abes XYZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rubeist359)
what type of piece was the 20th century unknown essay eg stravinsky style? and thanks for this info!
It was kind of asking about how the music reflected the turbulent times of European history in the 20th Century, it wasn't like OTT impressionist like Stravinsky
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Stravinsky wasn't an impressionist composer ^ but yes, out of the New Directions set works, Question 5 related most to the wider listening you would have done for the Rite of Spring.
Tom Jenner ARSM
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah, for 2020 its batman berlioz and shanka then essay is stravinsky or mozart or saajio
Unheard is romantic
MiroseC2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
do you know which Beatles song it was for the essay?
MiroseC2021
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Tom Jenner ARSM)
Nah, for 2020 its batman berlioz and shanka then essay is stravinsky or mozart or saajio
Unheard is romantic
what were the questions like for Berlioz and Shankar?
Tom Jenner ARSM
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
my 2020 paper was boap 1 and butn shanka, batman had tension and instrument questions, berlioz more on melody in idee, burn was overall instrument, unheard was a kyrie early romantic, stravinsky essay on melody rythm sonority metre timbee..
Tom Jenner ARSM
Rep:
?
Report 7 hours ago
Check my post for answer
KnickrBockrGlory
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
(Original post by Tom Jenner ARSM)
my 2020 paper was boap 1 and butn shanka, batman had tension and instrument questions, berlioz more on melody in idee, burn was overall instrument, unheard was a kyrie early romantic, stravinsky essay on melody rythm sonority metre timbee..
Hey, do you know what the dictation was on?
Tom Jenner ARSM
Rep:
?
Report 1 minute ago
(Original post by KnickrBockrGlory)
Hey, do you know what the dictation was on?
Mate, u r pushing ur luck way to much, lemme quickly tell u exactly wot ****in notes i used. Also a favour for me is dont tell ur class bout the info. Ill help u cos dunno but im no charity and i want a better grade for me which means people gotta do bad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (155)
4.94%
Uncertainty around my education (461)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (350)
11.16%
Lack of purpose or motivation (437)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (148)
4.72%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (188)
6%
Loneliness (270)
8.61%
Financial worries (113)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (126)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (142)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (171)
5.45%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (279)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (295)
9.41%

Watched Threads