Want more information about this university?

University accommodation/car parking

Watch
KimberlyT
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Is there any accommodations around University of Birmingham which allow me to bring my car and park it there?
grassbeanboo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by KimberlyT)
Is there any accommodations around University of Birmingham which allow me to bring my car and park it there?
Student parking is limited so normally you would have to park in an actual non-uni car park and then get the bus or walk in , or something like that. If it absolutely necessary then you can apply for permit but you have to meet criteria that they have listed on their website. This is only if you are a student there.

If it’s for an open day , they let people park on campus but like before it’s limited and right now there is construction going on so it’s even more limited. They do have a park and ride for these situations , don’t know if that’s on all year though or just for open days.

To be honest your best bet is finding somewhere near to park that isn’t the actual uni and getting in from there.
UoB - Arts and Law
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,

I graduated from University of Birmingham in July and I now work for the College of Arts and Law.

The University has three main accommodation villages, The Vale, Pritchatts Park and Selly Oak Village. Parking is generally quite limited in Selly Oak Village, however there are generally more spaces available to residents at Pritchatts Park and sometimes The Vale. There is a charge for a resident parking permit at University owned accommodation villages, this is £290 for 42 weeks.

You can find more information on parking here: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/study/a...tion/faqs.aspx under the section 'I have accepted my accommodation offer'.

There is sometimes slightly more parking available at Partner Accommodation sites, but this varies by site and it's always best to check with accommodation providers beforehand.

I hope this helps!

Molly
UoB - Engineering and Physical Sciences
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by KimberlyT)
Hi,

I'm a current student at UoB and just thought i'd add onto what molly said from my experience. I lived in Liberty Court, one of the partner accomodations and they have a large, gated car park which is free to use if you're living there. I kept my car their for 4 months in my first year.

Cheers,
James
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (891)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (394)
18.9%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads