gcseyr11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Next month I have an audition for a drama school, I will have to perform a monologue, sing a song from a musical and we will be doing a choreographed dance that they will teach us. I've already got my monologue sorted out but I need help picking out a song and what should I expect from the dance part. I'm 16 and a mezzo soprano.
Erin09122000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gcseyr11)
Next month I have an audition for a drama school, I will have to perform a monologue, sing a song from a musical and we will be doing a choreographed dance that they will teach us. I've already got my monologue sorted out but I need help picking out a song and what should I expect from the dance part. I'm 16 and a mezzo soprano.
Hey, I used to be into drama so I’ve done a few auditions for drama schools (I didn’t get into any :/ but I can still give advise for what I’ve heard ) so

- Try not to do something that’s over-done, the judges will be hearing that song a lot, but if you can find a slightly more unique one they’ll remember you better/you’ll stand out (pretty much stay away from Wicked and Les Miserables)

-Remember they aren’t expecting you to be perfect, that’s what you’d be studying for, pick a song that shows off what you can do really well but try to have a dynamic one with maybe a little belting

Some good ones I’ve seen for a mezzo are:

- Down By the Sea [Sweeney Todd] (if you can go low enough, it’s quite low)

- Letterbomb [American Idiot]

-Kindergarten Boyfriend [Heathers]

Another point to add is it should ideally be a song you enjoy and it’ll shine through I’m here to talk more in detail if you want to, what school are you auditioning for? I was MGA in Edinburgh
welcometotherock
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not Kindergarten boyfriend. It’s not the sort of song panels like to see and doesn’t show off what you can do.

Something legit is always good. Rogers & Hammerstein etc.

Are you auditioning for a Level 3 or Level 6 course? It depends on the school but most dance auditions consist of a ballet & a jazz class.
username5146338
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try drake
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.94%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.83%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (339)
14.08%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (110)
4.57%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (142)
5.9%
Loneliness (208)
8.64%
Financial worries (90)
3.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.82%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.32%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.64%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (226)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise