Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m currently looking at Lancaster colleges and I really like Grizedale college. The only problem is that catering isn’t an option here for an ensuite room. Is there any way to get catering and ensuite in this college??
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m currently looking at Lancaster colleges and I really like Grizedale college. The only problem is that catering isn’t an option here for an ensuite room. Is there any way to get catering and ensuite in this college??
Hello,
What you can do it join the freedom+ scheme, all the details are in the link below, but essentially, instead of paying for the catered food with your rent, you pay additionally for a freedom+ card which can be used at quite a few places on campus to get food from them (including the same places that catered get their food, but also quite a few additional places).
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/discounts/freedom/
Let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello,
What you can do it join the freedom+ scheme, all the details are in the link below, but essentially, instead of paying for the catered food with your rent, you pay additionally for a freedom+ card which can be used at quite a few places on campus to get food from them (including the same places that catered get their food, but also quite a few additional places).
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/discounts/freedom/
Let me know if you have any questions!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Hi,

Thanks for replying so soon! I have a question about the freedom+ scheme. Once you have paid the amount set for the 5 weeks for the meals. Does this mean that you are able to go to any of the restaurants on offer for this scheme and receive any meal regardless of the price. With this I mean, if someone does not have the scheme and would like to eat there, they would have to pay a certain amount depending on the meal. Do the people with the scheme have to go through the same? the website does not explain this in depth.
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Thanks for replying so soon! I have a question about the freedom+ scheme. Once you have paid the amount set for the 5 weeks for the meals. Does this mean that you are able to go to any of the restaurants on offer for this scheme and receive any meal regardless of the price. With this I mean, if someone does not have the scheme and would like to eat there, they would have to pay a certain amount depending on the meal. Do the people with the scheme have to go through the same? the website does not explain this in depth.
Hi there!
I don't know much about it myself so I've referred your query to facilities and I'll let you know how they respond to your question!
The Marketplace and Barker House Farm are where catered students get their food, but you can also buy food (a different menu) if you're not catered. The Deli and The Mill are just normal cafes/bars anyone can eat at.
Charlotte
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

Hello,
Below is the information I was given. To summarise, you'll be able to get anything from the menu or anything with a 'freedom' logo on the menu at those times. It covers three meals a day. If you go with other people they can buy food at anytime it's open and can order anything off the menu but will pay for it (whereas with the card, assuming it's within the scheme, you will just tap your card and receive it for free). To be fair, all these places have super reasonably priced (and great - I've eaten at all of them) food.
Their updating the menu shortly to give you a bit more information so check back in a couple of months. You can always do it for 5 weeks and see how it goes before deciding which gives you a bit of flexibility.
Let me know if you have anymore questions
Charlotte

Freedom Service Times
The Marketplace Monday to Friday Saturday/Sunday
Breakfast 07:30 – 10:30 08:00 – 11:00
Lunch 12:00 – 14:00 Closed
Evening meal 17:00 – 20:00 17:00 – 20:00
*Serving a menu that changes daily, please see in house for menu.
Barker House Farm Monday to Friday Saturday/Sunday
Breakfast 08:30 – 10:30 09:00 – 11:00
Lunch/Evening meal 12:00 – 21:00 12:00 – 21:00
*For available items please see the menu online or in house and look for the freedom logo. A daily freedom special is also available from 17:00 - 21:00 Monday to Saturday. Sunday Carvery available every Sunday during term time between 12:00 – 20:00. A limited bar menu is available on Sunday until 21:00.
The Mill Monday to Friday Saturday/Sunday
All day 10:00 – 21:00 12:00 – 21:00
*For available items please see the menu online or in house. All of the menu is available during the above times apart from Wings, The Whole Flock, the Big Breakfast and The Big Veggie Breakfast.
The Deli Monday to Friday Saturday/Sunday
Breakfast 08:00 – 11:15 Closed
Lunch/Evening meal 15:00 – 21:00 Closed
*For available items please see the menu online or in house. All the breakfast menu is available until 11:15. The lunch menu is available after 15:00. Desserts are not included.
**Please click here to view the menu’s on offer https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/eat/outlets/
***All times listed are term time only and are subject to change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (437)
58.97%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.4%
No- I want it (214)
28.88%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.75%

Watched Threads