Do you think you’ll get the new Xbox/PS5? Watch

ThuggerThugger
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I guess I will eventually but think it will be like 3 years after they release. Im not a big gamer anymore tbh and have like 100 games on my backlog
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah when it goes down in price
ibyghee
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If I get permission from my parents, I'll buy it with my money. Very unlikely doh.
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I will be buying both this year if Xbox series x sounds good at E3.
Aurano
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope. Consoles will never be able to compete with a good computer.

However, I have to buy a PS4 just for the FF7 Remake. I've heard rumours they might release it on other platforms though.
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ThuggerThugger)
I guess I will eventually but think it will be like 3 years after they release. Im not a big gamer anymore tbh and have like 100 games on my backlog
Well I’ve had my Xbox one since day one, I even have a day one controller, this is me realising that my Xbox is nearly 7 years old now. It still keeps up with all the new games and handles really well with graphics
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aurano)

However, I have to buy a PS4 just for the FF7 Remake. I've heard rumours they might release it on other platforms though.
this late in the day you're better off waiting 6 months and getting the ps5 which is backwards compatible.

a ps4 is still £225-£250, and ps5 is said to be £450 at launch
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I will probably get ps5 a few yrs after launch, preferably a slim model ...or consider getting when it drops to £300 or less
ThuggerThugger
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aurano)

Well they are considerably cheaper... PC gaming just isn’t worth it
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I will likely wait for a game to come out that I actually want before investing in a new console.

I am very happy with my One X so I doubt I will be changing that any time soon.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, highly unlikely.

PS has some alright exclusives, but not good enough to warrant a new console just for a few games. Xbox exclusives are just Microsoft exclusives and get released to PC anyway so *shurg*

Why spend more to get a mostly inferior experience? I'd rather just sink that money into a future upgrade.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Eventually - a second console would be kinda cool, but atm I'm just happy with the switch, as I reckon they'll both be a bit expensive when they come out.
Gamingexpertnot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I will get the PS5 maybe in 2021-2022
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes! I'll be buying the PS5.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (166)
66.4%
No (84)
33.6%

Watched Threads