Janeanne23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, there are several aspects to my interview. One of these includes 5 minutes of teaching. I have applied for a PCGE in Biology and I am stumped to what to 'teach'. I am also worried that others that are also completing the same task will quiz me and maybe have more knowledge in the topic!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Janeanne23)
Hi, there are several aspects to my interview. One of these includes 5 minutes of teaching. I have applied for a PCGE in Biology and I am stumped to what to 'teach'. I am also worried that others that are also completing the same task will quiz me and maybe have more knowledge in the topic!
Hi

I interviewed at Warwick a few years ago- for the microteach, choose an area of the national curriculum that you are knowledgeable/passionate about. Try to include some kind of interactive activity/task for the audience.

The Q and A isn't about quizzing you, or trying to show you up- but equally you shouldn't pick an area where your subject knowledge is weak!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (493)
59.61%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.2%
No- I want it (235)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.77%

Watched Threads