6 Nations 2020

Watch
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It's 6 Nations time again, with the first round of matches taking place this weekend! :woo:

We kick off with Wales v Italy, Ireland v Scotland and France v England

Who will you be supporting? Who do you think will win, and who will end up with the wooden spoon?

Full fixtures and results are here:
Men's 6 Nations
Women's 6 Nations
Under 20's 6 Nations
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Quoting in everyone who posted in last year's thread...Who's looking forward to this year's tournament?
Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by Labrador99)
x
(Original post by Doones)
x
(Original post by furryface12)
x
(Original post by Gordon_D)
x
(Original post by 学生の父)
x
(Original post by Simbasoul)
x
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
x
(Original post by moonkatt)
x
(Original post by ChicaDelTeatro)
x
(Original post by JSG29)
x
(Original post by arigziegler)
x
(Original post by A level RPP)
x
(Original post by username3883544)
x
(Original post by Toki the Dumdum)
x
(Original post by Mackay)
x
(Original post by iBearHQ)
x
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wahoo!

I expect France to overperform and England to underperform, basically because of the salary cap scandal. Premiership Rugby should be careful what they wish for when a number of England players are busy thinking about where they are going to play next season.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm very excited.

Predictions:

1 - England
2 - France
3 - Ireland
4 - Wales
5 - Scotland
6 - Italy
Kitten in boots
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't care who wins.

I'm just watching for the hot rugby boys.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope England win, but I think this could either be Eddie jones best or worst 6 nations.

They are the best team but I fear a world cup hangover, still disappointed from not winning yet these boys dont have the same need to prove themselves as 'we' did after the last world cup.

Hopefully Eddie gets them amped up and they view this as the start of selection for future squads with an eye on who wants to be around in 2023, I think Wales & Ireland could both upset England if the temperament is not right (France will be a good test to see where were at).
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really, really pains me to say this, but it's going to be

1. England
2. Ireland
3. France
4. Wales
5. Scotland
6. Italy
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's been a bumper rugby bonanza the last few months with the World Cup and now 6 Nations - the anticipation is fantastic as all too soon it will be over!!
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Very excited for this! Post world cup six nations are great because they've got the greater element of team and coaching changes.

England will have a bit of a hangover I think, given how well they did in the WC and the bloody Sarries saga.

I'm probably most interested in how Wales do. Gats had done so well for so long. Big shoes for Pivac to fill.
iBearHQ
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Disappointed Dombrant didn't get the call up to England, especially with Billy out
moonkatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As an England supporter I’m preparing for disappointment.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I remember saying last January that I thought Wales had performed very well under the radar in their Autumn Internationals and that I thought they'd win the Grand Slam. People literally laughed in my face. I remember walking past the bookies on the afternoon before France v Wales on opening night, and I chickened out of going in and putting actual money on it. Imagine the relief I felt when France were miles ahead at HT in that game. The regret of not putting money on it still follows me around now!

But I'm not sure how you can put money on 'France are going to do better than most people expect'...
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Fab to have so many people who are watching this year I'm supporting Scotland, but not very hopeful (or, even less hopeful than usual) about our chances :lol:
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Pleased to see George Furbank and Charlie Ewels get a start on Sunday, less sure about Tom Curry at 8 though. And I presume Anthony Watson is injured?
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anybody doing a fantasy league?
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Much closer score than I'd have expected at HT in Ireland v Scotland :eek: Scotland seem to be doing better at the basics than they were at the RWC, but hopefully in the 2nd half can translate what they're doing into points. :crossedf:
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Much closer score than I'd have expected at HT in Ireland v Scotland :eek: Scotland seem to be doing better at the basics than they were at the RWC, but hopefully in the 2nd half can translate what they're doing into points. :crossedf:
Yes, they're very impressive. Quite an open game.
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
Yes, they're very impressive. Quite an open game.
That almost try that Hogg dropped sums up supporting Scotland perfectly :lol: :sigh:
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That almost try that Hogg dropped sums up supporting Scotland perfectly :lol: :sigh:
Yes, oops. So sorry about that.
Simbasoul
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thought Wales/Italy was decidedly dull - wish Japan had been given the slot in place of Italy who have been consistently poor - they play as 15 individuals and have done for years. Ireland/Scotland has been entertaining and pretty close - main worry for both teams will be the physicality and injury tally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads