What would make sense? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
- I'm almost blind in one eye and wear very thick glasses
- I have only 3 months work experience
- I am on a gap year waiting to hopefully start uni in September

What job could I realistically even get?

Retail seems impossible to get into because I'm not confident or able like others. I was thinking IT but what would I do?
Anonymous #1
Do you guys possible get why I am struggling to get into anything?
Anonymous #1
Possibly *
Anonymous #1
No one helps me man 😔
Anonymous #1
I honestly feel so alone like I don't have anyone to help me out... or to give me advice

Damn I hate life so much right now
6ix9ine4life
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Care work is easy to get, where I work at half the people barely speak English
If you want a job mainly for money try signing up for a medical trial, very easy to get and far better paying than min wage.
If you're bored and want I've mainly for social aspect you could volunteer.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 6ix9ine4life)
If you want a job mainly for money try signing up for a medical trial, very easy to get and far better paying than min wage.
I don't have an issue with my English. What do you mean by a medical trial? I've looked into voluntary work but I really need money to save up for my eye surgery.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 6ix9ine4life)
Oh my I just read about clinical trials 😂😂 seems mad dodgy but I might consider it
Aurano
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't have an issue with my English. What do you mean by a medical trial? I've looked into voluntary work but I really need money to save up for my eye surgery.
Hi,

Being short sighted sucks. I've worn glasses all my life too, so I have some understanding of how you feel.

You say you're not confident enough to do retail work, but have you considered doing night shifts in a supermarket like Asda? It's relatively quiet and you'll mostly be restacking shelves and sorting stuff in the warehouse area. It's not particularly a difficult job and you'll be able to do stuff at your own pace. Care homes are always looking for careworkers too.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aurano)
Hi,

Being short sighted sucks. I've worn glasses all my life too, so I have some understanding of how you feel.

You say you're not confident enough to do retail work, but have you considered doing night shifts in a supermarket like Asda? It's relatively quiet and you'll mostly be restacking shelves and sorting stuff in the warehouse area. It's not particularly a difficult job and you'll be able to do stuff at your own pace. Care homes are always looking for careworkers too.
It's always nice to find someone who I can relate to. I hope both our eyesight improves one day! I am consider ICL surgery in the future, wbu? I thought about night shift but I struggle to even get a job at ASDA because it's all online and they often don't respond to me (probs because of my lack of experience in retail). I've only worked at a warehouse before.
Aurano
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's always nice to find someone who I can relate to. I hope both our eyesight improves one day! I am consider ICL surgery in the future, wbu? I thought about night shift but I struggle to even get a job at ASDA because it's all online and they often don't respond to me (probs because of my lack of experience in retail). I've only worked at a warehouse before.
I haven't looked into it much but I've considered getting Laser Eye Surgery. That LASIK thing. I haven't heard of the ICL surgery but it seems interesting, and probably quite expensive.

Getting a job in a supermarket shouldn't be too difficult. Your experience is relative to your age. If you're still young then little experience is understandable. If you feel you need more experience than do voluntary work for a month or two. Employers for basic jobs only really care about whether you're willing to actually get out of bed and into work on time, so they're looking for someone proactive rather than skilled. Just take one thing at a time and it'll all come together eventually. Also, telling employers about your ambition to get ICL surgery will probably reflect traits related to conscientiousness, and this will speak volumes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads