10 GCSEs, feeling like dropping one?

Watch
killerspeedforce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, I go to a private school. I do these GCSEs: Edexcel IGCSE Triple Science, Maths (Edexcel IGCSE) , Further Maths (AQA), English Lit and Lang (WJEC CBAC Eduqas), Geography (AQA), Computing (OCR) and Chinese (Edexcel IGCSE). I feel like dropping English Literature, do you think it will be advisable, Honestly, I feel really stressed and I just can't be bothered to English Lit. I am literally overworked and I have been studying consistently. I would rather have 9 9s, rather than 8 8s and 1 3. Suggestions?
casabonita
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
would they let you drop english lit? just asking since at most schools english lit is compulsory. theres still lots of time to improve ur grade in it
GatoMessi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How about dropping Chinese instead?!
killerspeedforce
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by casabonita)
would they let you drop english lit? just asking since at most schools english lit is compulsory. theres still lots of time to improve ur grade in it
I'm chinese myself, ez level 9 for me. English Lit and Lang, I got 4 (Lang) and 2 (Lit), bearing in my I didn't study. English Lang is important because universities look at that result.
Emily~3695
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by killerspeedforce)
Hey guys, I go to a private school. I do these GCSEs: Edexcel IGCSE Triple Science, Maths (Edexcel IGCSE) , Further Maths (AQA), English Lit and Lang (WJEC CBAC Eduqas), Geography (AQA), Computing (OCR) and Chinese (Edexcel IGCSE). I feel like dropping English Literature, do you think it will be advisable, Honestly, I feel really stressed and I just can't be bothered to English Lit. I am literally overworked and I have been studying consistently. I would rather have 9 9s, rather than 8 8s and 1 3. Suggestions?
I guess you would just have to speak to your school as English lit is not actually government compulsory although many schools force you to take it, I also tried to drop English lit and replace it with further maths or computer science but my school wouldn’t let me so I guess it is dependent on what your school allows, 9 GCSES is more than enough anyway
Abzdot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by killerspeedforce)
I'm chinese myself, ez level 9 for me. English Lit and Lang, I got 4 (Lang) and 2 (Lit), bearing in my I didn't study. English Lang is important because universities look at that result.
realistically only "top tier" unis actually look at your GCSE results like Oxbridge and maybe Russel Group unis. I've heard that they would rather you do that because you get an Ebacc award which is considered to be "desirable".

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...laureate-ebacc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (123)
59.13%
No (44)
21.15%
Not sure (41)
19.71%

Watched Threads