TeacupAndTragedy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

I've recently received two offers for Level 4 Software Development Apprenticeships, working in support roles.

I currently hold a place for CS at uni, but I'm not certain if I want to go or not. I think the apprenticeships would give really valuable work experience, but I'm concerned about what happens if I don't like the job, or want to leave for uni.

I've heard some people say if you leave your apprenticeship early you have to pay the training fees back, but I've also heard other people say there's a law that says you can't be asked to pay even if you leave early.

I was wondering if anybody knew whether this was true, and if leaving an apprenticeship would look bad even if it was because I wanted to pursue higher education?

Thanks
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you do sometimes have to pay back fees for apprenticeships. look at your job offer contract and it will say, if it doesnt, then you dont need to pay.
TeacupAndTragedy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gent2324)
you do sometimes have to pay back fees for apprenticeships. look at your job offer contract and it will say, if it doesnt, then you dont need to pay.
I haven't received a contract yet, only offers with info on pay per hour. If I requested contracts should I receive them? The course is offered through a college.
Gent2324
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TeacupAndTragedy)
I haven't received a contract yet, only offers with info on pay per hour. If I requested contracts should I receive them? The course is offered through a college.
if its a job that you are getting paid for they should be sending you a legal contract
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (23)
26.74%
No (49)
56.98%
Don't know (14)
16.28%

Watched Threads