Change UCAS choice

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
ninjacaty
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I know I can change my UCAS choice even after 15 January, but only 14 days after submitting my application.

So, I submitted the application on 15 January. I want to change the choice tomorrow on the 19th (day 14). Is it still possible or is this one day too late?
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ninjacaty)
Hi, I know I can change my UCAS choice even after 15 January, but only 14 days after submitting my application.

So, I submitted the application on 15 January. I want to change the choice tomorrow on the 19th (day 14). Is it still possible or is this one day too late?
I've heard about it but I am not sure as I would also like to change 1 choice too!
GatoMessi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

University or college
You can swap a choice for a different one within 14 days of the date on your welcome email. You can only swap each choice once.
Within 14 days of the date on your welcome email you can swap the choice in Track. The 14 day period starts from the day you receive your email.
However, you can't swap a choice after 30 June.
If you swap after the relevant deadline for your new course choice, it will be considered late. Contact your chosen uni or college first to check they'd consider your application.
In the very rare case of your university/college discontinuing the course you've applied for, please contact us to discuss your options.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago

If you can't see the option to SUBSTITUTE A CHOICE on Track then ring up UCAS. They'll know the exact date/time that your 14 day period runs out (Track loses the option to substitute in a number of cases)
GatoMessi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you can't see the option to SUBSTITUTE A CHOICE on Track then ring up UCAS. They'll know the exact date/time that your 14 day period runs out (Track loses the option to substitute in a number of cases)
Too late for me too! I wish to opt out Leicester (DMU) to be replaced by other University and different course!
PQ
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GatoMessi)
Too late for me too! I wish to opt out Leicester (DMU) to be replaced by other University and different course!
Did you ring up UCAS? Or are you sure it is over 14 days?

You could talk to the university you're interested in about the possibility of applying through Extra in February. It means giving up all of your current 5 choices but if it is a university you want to go to then that might be worthwhile (and often your current 5 choices will give you some reassurance that they'd honour your offer if you were unsuccessful and needed to apply back to them through Extra)
GatoMessi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Did you ring up UCAS? Or are you sure it is over 14 days?

You could talk to the university you're interested in about the possibility of applying through Extra in February. It means giving up all of your current 5 choices but if it is a university you want to go to then that might be worthwhile (and often your current 5 choices will give you some reassurance that they'd honour your offer if you were unsuccessful and needed to apply back to them through Extra)
Not able to ring UCAS up because I am deaf. Yes, 14 days after receiving "welcome letter" according to UCAS site. Just found out today.

I will have to wait till I receive the answer from these 5 choices.
PQ
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Not able to ring UCAS up because I am deaf. Yes, 14 days after receiving "welcome letter" according to UCAS site. Just found out today.

I will have to wait till I receive the answer from these 5 choices.
They do have text relay (although I imagine they might be baffled by it depending on who you get through to! ) https://www.ucas.com/contact-us and they should also be happy to talk to a nominated person if you have someone nominated.
And they will respond to direct messages on fb and twitter.

Unfortunately UCAS (especially Track) is set up in a way that certain problems and requests can only be resolved with a phone call (or now with fb/twitter)

I would definitely approach the university you're interested in to ask about the possibility of your course being in Extra. If they tell you no now then at least you know that isn't an option.
GatoMessi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
They do have text relay (although I imagine they might be baffled by it depending on who you get through to! ) https://www.ucas.com/contact-us and they should also be happy to talk to a nominated person if you have someone nominated.
And they will respond to direct messages on fb and twitter.

Unfortunately UCAS (especially Track) is set up in a way that certain problems and requests can only be resolved with a phone call (or now with fb/twitter)

I would definitely approach the university you're interested in to ask about the possibility of your course being in Extra. If they tell you no now then at least you know that isn't an option.
I've just received a letter from University of Portsmouth (my home city) and they told me that I can apply via online (Not with UCAS)
PQ
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I've just received a letter from University of Portsmouth (my home city) and they told me that I can apply via online (Not with UCAS)
They're not supposed to do that (it breaks their agreement with UCAS - but when I reported them to UCAS for it last year UCAS couldn't be arsed )

If they're offering it and you're interested then go for it. Most universities wont offer this unless there's something preventing you from using UCAS to apply.
ninjacaty
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's too late for me to change my choices too. I thought that I had time until 00:00, but apparently it's exactly 14 days after the welcome Email: I wanted to change it 1 hour too late..well, anybody else hating on Ucas right now? xD
GatoMessi
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's too late for me to change my choices too. I thought that I had time until 00:00, but apparently it's exactly 14 days after the welcome Email: I wanted to change it 1 hour too late..well, anybody else hating on Ucas right now? xD
(((( My case was that I couldn't log in TRACK with my UCAS personal ID and password.... realised that TRACK has a different personal ID with UCAS !!!
Fountaine
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
How do you give up your 5 choices
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fountaine)
How do you give up your 5 choices
Have you had five decisions back, and if so have your made your firm and insurance choices?
Fountaine
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
no i have had 1 university decline me, 1 university give me an alternative choice I dont want and 3 universities havent got back to me
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fountaine)
no i have had 1 university decline me, 1 university give me an alternative choice I dont want and 3 universities havent got back to me
Do you want to wait for the remaining 3? If you have changed your mind about the course, but not the uni, you can ask them if they’ll consider you for another course.
X
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (40)
26.67%
As I expected (47)
31.33%
Harder (56)
37.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.67%

Watched Threads