The Student Room Group

Help with choosing firm and insurance unis

My ideal uni would be queens Belfast. My offer is AAA. I’m on track to achieve A/A* in my other two subjects however I’m failing miserably in biology so I doubt I will reach the grades. I’ve been putting a LOT of hours into biology revision to try to up my chances of getting the grades but I’m not sure whether it would be a good idea to risk it and put Queens as my firm choice and Liverpool as insurance.
If not queens then I would put Liverpool as my firm choice as the offer is BBB when it is usually AAA My insurance choices are going to be either Ulster or salford, I think the best thing to do would be to put queens as firm and Liverpool as insurance but I feel like this is too much of a risk as I’m not sure liverpool will accept me if I get get a lower grade in biology as they’ve already reduced the offer so much.
Apologies for all of the rambling on. Any advice would be appreciated thank you :smile:
I think that if you put lots of effort into biology and think you can achieve a B at least then put Queens as your firm and Liverpool as your insurance.
You obviously prefer Queens, and I think that unless you're absolutely certain you wont get an A or a B, just firm it and see what happens.
If it all goes badly, then you can always go through track. You're going to be really annoyed if you don't firm Queens and then end up getting the grades, but obviously adjustment is an option.
Some uni's let you in if the offer is AAA and you get A*AB
That's just my opinion though, hope it helps a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending