The Student Room Group

Transferring uni after Aston Chemical engineering foundation year

Hey,

I am considering studying this foundation year but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience or has any information on transferring uni after the year.

Which unis accept the foundation year from Aston?
Reply 1
Original post by harris358
Hey,

I am considering studying this foundation year but I would like to know if anyone has had any experience or has any information on transferring uni after the year.

You should be able to transfer to another university after a foundation year given that the university is happy with the foundation year content and your progress. The best thing to do right now is contact admissions teams at the universities you want to apply to and find out what they require and expect for a transfer request. Collecting this information early on will help you set targets and prepare for a potential transfer. Good luck!
Original post by harris358
Hey,

It’s entirely at the other universities discretion as to whether they will accept the Aston foundation year. Ask Aston which universities students have transferred to for chemeng. Or talk to the universities that you’re hoping to transfer to about your chances.

Do NOT start the course expecting a transfer to be simple and easy without doing your research. Always expect to complete the course you start as a likely backup option - if you wouldn’t be happy staying at Aston then think about other options like resitting A levels instead.

Quick Reply

Latest