Lying on my placement application Watch

asdfghjkk
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I lied about my 1st year grades on my placement application and now I've been invited to an assessment day. I'm really worried that I will get found out and I don't know what to do. Should I speak to my uni tutor? I didn't do that badly in my 1st year but I didn't do as well as I said I did. Will they ask the uni for my grades or will they just believe me? Also, I know that its my fault but I wasn't expecting to get an offer so I didn't think it really mattered and now I don't know what to do. If the best thing is to just pull-out then that's fine because I don't even know if I want a placement anyway.
yaseen1000
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Bump
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
go but don’t mention it unless they ask
SkyRunner61
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Top tip: don’t lie on a job application again
sammyj97
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Speak to your tutor, its unlikely but if they ask the uni for your grades/try to confirm and it flags up as something different it’ll look pretty bad.

Why even lie in the first place though? /facepalm
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by asdfghjkk)
I lied about my 1st year grades on my placement application and now I've been invited to an assessment day. I'm really worried that I will get found out and I don't know what to do. Should I speak to my uni tutor? I didn't do that badly in my 1st year but I didn't do as well as I said I did. Will they ask the uni for my grades or will they just believe me? Also, I know that its my fault but I wasn't expecting to get an offer so I didn't think it really mattered and now I don't know what to do. If the best thing is to just pull-out then that's fine because I don't even know if I want a placement anyway.
Are your first year grades part of your placement entry requirement? Tbh they won't care much, a lot of places do not bother about it. However, many big companies they do verify grades often after giving offers.
asdfghjkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by sammyj97)
Speak to your tutor, its unlikely but if they ask the uni for your grades/try to confirm and it flags up as something different it’ll look pretty bad.

Why even lie in the first place though? /facepalm
I know it was so stupid! It’s with a really prestigious company and I didn’t really want a placement anyway but now I’ve got an interview! I will go and speak to my tutor tomorrow. He’s really nice and hopefully if I explain he will tell me the normal procedure. Thanks
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
If grades are a requirement and it's more academically competitive, I don't think its right to lie as it might be what they are looking for? I'm just not sure if it is fair if their recruitment is based on that as someone is missing out on an interview
I guess they may never ask but if they find out you lied then it won't be positive I presume
Maybe say you entered the wrong grades by accident?
asdfghjkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by reinaadira)
If grades are a requirement and it's more academically competitive, I don't think its right to lie as it might be what they are looking for? I'm just not sure if it is fair if their recruitment is based on that as someone is missing out on an interview
I guess they may never ask but if they find out you lied then it won't be positive I presume
Maybe say you entered the wrong grades by accident?
Yeah if it was just my grades then I get your point and I would drop out but they made me do maths and verbal reasoning tests and write 2 essays so I’m not sure if they’re basing their decision on my grades or my test results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (274)
61.02%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.9%