failed my A-Level mock for business and accounting

Watch
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just received my mock results and found out I did really bad. im really struggling in business but I really don't want to drop it as I'm in year 12. for accounting I'm average at it it was just the timing in the exam was really difficult for me.
if I don't pass my end of year mock I will not be able to continue year 13.
I really don't want to drop the subject. what do I do. I find it so hard to revise for business. has anyone got any tips and how do I do good I'm my next A-Level mock
daily_stoic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Subjects like A-Level Business consist mostly of concepts, definitions and theories (broadly speaking) that you pretty much need to memorize, so for that flashcards are likely to help you the most. Flashcards are excellent to help remember concepts and theories because they allow you to capitalize on something called "active recall" and "spaced repetition". Active recall is essentially you forcing yourself to try and recall information when you are practising rather than just re-reading your notes, or even worse, your textbook. Spaced repetition is just you spacing out how often you test yourself. After I finished my A-Levels I decided to write a thread on how best to revise and what me and pretty much most people in my year were getting wrong. I urge you to read it because I was in a very similar position to you:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...evision-method
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by daily_stoic)
Subjects like A-Level Business consist mostly of concepts, definitions and theories (broadly speaking) that you pretty much need to memorize, so for that flashcards are likely to help you the most. Flashcards are excellent to help remember concepts and theories because they allow you to capitalize on something called "active recall" and "spaced repetition". Active recall is essentially you forcing yourself to try and recall information when you are practising rather than just re-reading your notes, or even worse, your textbook. Spaced repetition is just you spacing out how often you test yourself. After I finished my A-Levels I decided to write a thread on how best to revise and what me and pretty much most people in my year were getting wrong. I urge you to read it because I was in a very similar position to you:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...evision-method
yes I will check it out
it's not the content that I'm struggling it's how I apply it to my answer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
12.96%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
14.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
38.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
18.52%

Watched Threads