Are any of you graduates?
Tiger12
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by zoesacademia)
Also interested in living with other BM4's in a house
yeah me too anyone know how we can organise this?
Last edited by Tiger12; 3 weeks ago
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbbieAA)
No, I'm a school-leaver
one pound fish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
any BM4s interested in living with other BM4s PM me
AbbieAA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
No, I'm a school-leaver
Oh cool

I'm yet to see any graduates who had a BM5 interview? :confused:
LukeDcaccia
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AbbieAA)
I'm not a graduate but I am a mature non grad. I'm applying with an access course. Are you?
AbbieAA
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LukeDcaccia)
I'm not a graduate but I am a mature non grad. I'm applying with an access course. Are you?
I'm currently a final year biomed student
unagdi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are there any open days for offer holders?
ajaaaaaa~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hiiii, offer for BM6
wdchz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
BM4 offer holder here! Just wondering how old you all are and what you were doing before medicine? I think it’s super cool us BM4 people get a chance to meet such a diverse range of individuals!
tahmidsyed1212
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
Have either of you asked Southampton how many weeks the course is? How many weeks were in the accommodation contracts you applied for?
Hi sorry for the late reply. I had similar questions when applying for accommodation and found this document with key dates for 2020/2021. it shows that the 38 week contract for the most accommodation halls start and end on the same day as the course starts and ends ( 19/09/20 - 12/06/21 ). I think 38 week contracts are the shortest for the uni halls.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/~asset...17-to-2027.pdf
^ heres the link for term dates
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tahmidsyed1212)
Hi sorry for the late reply. I had similar questions when applying for accommodation and found this document with key dates for 2020/2021. it shows that the 38 week contract for the most accommodation halls start and end on the same day as the course starts and ends ( 19/09/20 - 12/06/21 ). I think 38 week contracts are the shortest for the uni halls.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/~asset...17-to-2027.pdf
^ heres the link for term dates
PRSOM. Thank you!
Siyanu.Biraba
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ajaaaaaa~)
Hiiii, offer for BM6
Sameeee
physiomedic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I’m a current student and received an email today saying that they are planning on cancelling all offer holder days due to the coronavirus
Waj-L
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by physiomedic)
Hi everyone, I’m a current student and received an email today saying that they are planning on cancelling all offer holder days due to the coronavirus
Was looking forward to that 😫
aff123
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
BM4 offer holder here!
a2019
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys. Might be a bit early to say but considering the government has cancelled exams for this year and a lot of med schools are postponing or cancelling exams, does anyone think it’s possible they could defer our offers for the following year?
HandsUp
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by a2019)
Hey guys. Might be a bit early to say but considering the government has cancelled exams for this year and a lot of med schools are postponing or cancelling exams, does anyone think it’s possible they could defer our offers for the following year?
Who knows. But that would mean a whole year of no doctors and then double the year after.

Maybe they will take everyone. I mean they are going to need doctors. Maybe they just double up rooms etc.
a2019
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HandsUp)
Who knows. But that would mean a whole year of no doctors and then double the year after.

Maybe they will take everyone. I mean they are going to need doctors. Maybe they just double up rooms etc.
Yeah true. Or they could make us start a bit later.. only time will tell! 🤞🏼
tahmidsyed1212
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by a2019)
(Original post by HandsUp)

I don't think they'll just defer all offers because its pretty unlikely the university will just not have any intakes and essentially no first years and also the fact that you'll have a whole nations worth of 17-18-19 year olds on a gap year. I don't think they'll just accept everyone especially not for medicine where I believe there are strict GMC guidelines. Maybe the GMC waive their rules but seems unlikely. I think the way things are going either we sit our exams late and uni starts later or we get predicted grades and the uni might rescind offers (maybe based on interview performance or UCAS points etc.) I think whatever the solution will be some people will be screwed by circumstances.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (213)
52.59%
No, they should still go ahead (56)
13.83%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (136)
33.58%

Watched Threads