Original post by bfm.mcdermott
Here :smile: Are you BM5?

Original post by tahmidsyed1212
BM5 here 😄

Are any of you graduates?
Reply 41
Original post by zoesacademia
Also interested in living with other BM4's in a house :smile:

yeah me too anyone know how we can organise this?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AbbieAA

No, I'm a school-leaver
any BM4s interested in living with other BM4s PM me
Reply 44
No, I'm a school-leaver

Oh cool

I'm yet to see any graduates who had a BM5 interview? :confused:
Original post by AbbieAA

I'm not a graduate but I am a mature non grad. I'm applying with an access course. Are you?
Reply 46
Original post by LukeDcaccia
I'm not a graduate but I am a mature non grad. I'm applying with an access course. Are you?

I'm currently a final year biomed student
Reply 47
Are there any open days for offer holders?
Hiiii, offer for BM6 :tongue:
Reply 49
BM4 offer holder here! Just wondering how old you all are and what you were doing before medicine? I think it’s super cool us BM4 people get a chance to meet such a diverse range of individuals!
Have either of you asked Southampton how many weeks the course is? How many weeks were in the accommodation contracts you applied for?

Hi sorry for the late reply. I had similar questions when applying for accommodation and found this document with key dates for 2020/2021. it shows that the 38 week contract for the most accommodation halls start and end on the same day as the course starts and ends ( 19/09/20 - 12/06/21 ). I think 38 week contracts are the shortest for the uni halls.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/~assets/doc/uos-term-dates-2017-to-2027.pdf
^ heres the link for term dates :smile:
Original post by tahmidsyed1212
Hi sorry for the late reply. I had similar questions when applying for accommodation and found this document with key dates for 2020/2021. it shows that the 38 week contract for the most accommodation halls start and end on the same day as the course starts and ends ( 19/09/20 - 12/06/21 ). I think 38 week contracts are the shortest for the uni halls.
https://www.southampton.ac.uk/~assets/doc/uos-term-dates-2017-to-2027.pdf
^ heres the link for term dates :smile:

PRSOM. Thank you! :smile:
Original post by ajaaaaaa~
Hiiii, offer for BM6 :tongue:

Sameeee
Original post by physiomedic
Hi everyone, I’m a current student and received an email today saying that they are planning on cancelling all offer holder days due to the coronavirus

Was looking forward to that 😫
Reply 54
BM4 offer holder here!
Reply 55
Hey guys. Might be a bit early to say but considering the government has cancelled exams for this year and a lot of med schools are postponing or cancelling exams, does anyone think it’s possible they could defer our offers for the following year?
Reply 56
Original post by a2019
Hey guys. Might be a bit early to say but considering the government has cancelled exams for this year and a lot of med schools are postponing or cancelling exams, does anyone think it’s possible they could defer our offers for the following year?

Who knows. But that would mean a whole year of no doctors and then double the year after.

Maybe they will take everyone. I mean they are going to need doctors. Maybe they just double up rooms etc.
Reply 57
Original post by HandsUp
Who knows. But that would mean a whole year of no doctors and then double the year after.

Maybe they will take everyone. I mean they are going to need doctors. Maybe they just double up rooms etc.

Yeah true. Or they could make us start a bit later.. only time will tell! 🤞🏼
Original post by a2019

Original post by HandsUp

I don't think they'll just defer all offers because its pretty unlikely the university will just not have any intakes and essentially no first years and also the fact that you'll have a whole nations worth of 17-18-19 year olds on a gap year. I don't think they'll just accept everyone especially not for medicine where I believe there are strict GMC guidelines. Maybe the GMC waive their rules but seems unlikely. I think the way things are going either we sit our exams late and uni starts later or we get predicted grades and the uni might rescind offers (maybe based on interview performance or UCAS points etc.) I think whatever the solution will be some people will be screwed by circumstances.
They could shorten the summer holidays to make up for if they delay start by a month or two. That seems simplest solution to me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending