Is 5+ years long term?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Some people say a relationship under 5 years can't be considered long term... why is this?
donttrickme
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
5+ years shows a lot of commitment
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Some people say a relationship under 5 years can't be considered long term... why is this?
The longest relationship that I know of is zerka or Josh from the sidemen. He’s been in a committed relationship for over 10 years
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I was married a bit under the 4 year mark, seriousness isn't solely on time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by claireestelle)
I was married a bit under the 4 year mark, seriousness isn't solely on time.
So do you think a shorter relationship (1 year) could be more serious than longer (3+ years)
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
So do you think a shorter relationship (1 year) could be more serious than longer (3+ years)
Debatable really, some people see living together as what makes it serious but some people can see otherwise.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by claireestelle)
Debatable really, some people see living together as what makes it serious but some people can see otherwise.
What about spending a lot of time together at uni and in halls etc? Would that be considered serious?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What about spending a lot of time together at uni and in halls etc? Would that be considered serious?
It could be, depends on the people
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
??
daintydaisy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I would say it’s subjective - I’ve been with my current boyfriend for 10 months, lived with him for almost 4 months and can see myself marrying him and building a future. My ex I was with for 3 and a half years and the whole time we were together I never pictured us married or with kids or anything. Why does it matter what other people say?
watershower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
the question wasn’t is 5 years serious, the question was is 5 years long term. in that case, the answer is yes, i consider anything over 5 years a long term relationship. but on terms of seriousness, that’s subjective and completely depends on the relationship.
navybluemug
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by daintydaisy)
I would say it’s subjective - I’ve been with my current boyfriend for 10 months, lived with him for almost 4 months and can see myself marrying him and building a future. My ex I was with for 3 and a half years and the whole time we were together I never pictured us married or with kids or anything. Why does it matter what other people say?
Sorry if this is intrusive, but why did you stay with him if you knew you weren't gonna marry him?
daintydaisy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by navybluemug)
Sorry if this is intrusive, but why did you stay with him if you knew you weren't gonna marry him?
It's okay, I don't mind sharing!

We got together when I was quite young so I'd never really thought about marriage, and in the end I broke up with him because I couldn't see a future for us! I don't think marriage is essential in a relationship, but it was interesting to me how I'd never envisioned myself getting married prior to the relationship I'm in now lol.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by donttrickme)
5+ years shows a lot of commitment
I agree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (516)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.37%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed