The Student Room Group

Which uni should I pick ? LAW

Hi, I got an offer from Lancaster University, University of Leeds and UWE Bristol. I applied for law. I don't know which one I should pick. It's a very important decision for me as I leave my country (Poland) to study in the UK.
I went on UWE Bristol open day and it was amazing. I can picture myself studying there, but I am a bit worried, because UWE isn't on a high place in the ranking. I have never been to Lancaster nor Leeds before. I am just very stressed about this situation and don't know what to do. I would be extremely grateful if anyone here could give me some advice.
This would be my ranking:
1. Bristol
2. Leeds
3. Lancaster

This is the official ranking chart:
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-law-degrees
Try to go there on open days; if you can't, you could ask existing students from both. Ranking doesnt matter; do you want to practice in England like?
Leeds is a very big city and the campus is on the edge of the city centre. Lancaster is a small town with a campus a few miles out. They are totally different. What was it about UWE that you liked. Maybe someone can move this to the Law forum where you will get better advice @harrysbar @PQ @Doones can you of you move this to the Law forum please,
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/virtual-tour/
http://www.vrleeds.co.uk/leeds-virtual-tour/University-of-Leeds---The-Campus.html
(edited 4 years ago)
Moved to Law :smile:
Original post by _anonymous_user_
1. Bristol
2. Leeds
3. Lancaster

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/student/best-universities/best-universities-law-degrees

You’ve got the wrong end of the stick as OP is talking about Bristol UWE not the University of Bristol
Original post by Pauli835
Hi, I got an offer from Lancaster University, University of Leeds and UWE Bristol. I applied for law. I don't know which one I should pick. It's a very important decision for me as I leave my country (Poland) to study in the UK.
I went on UWE Bristol open day and it was amazing. I can picture myself studying there, but I am a bit worried, because UWE isn't on a high place in the ranking. I have never been to Lancaster nor Leeds before. I am just very stressed about this situation and don't know what to do. I would be extremely grateful if anyone here could give me some advice.

It's very hard to give you advice without knowing more details about your situation and without you having visited 2 out of these 3 unis. Is prestige important to you? If so, Leeds & Lancaster are above UWE but if it isn't, you can pick whichever one appeals to you the most. Are you confident about getting the grades to go to Leeds & Lancaster or do you feel safer applying to UWE because it asks for lower grades? Do you prefer a vibrant city like Bristol and Leeds or do you like the idea of living in a small city like Lancaster? So many unknowns :dontknow:

The main thing is you don't have to rush to make a decision - you have months so for such a big decision I would consider seeing if you can visit the UK again to visit at least one uni out of Leeds and Lancaster (preferably both) so you can compare them to Bristol. It doesn't have to be for an official applicant day or open day - if you contact the unis they will tell you how else they can accomodate people who want to visit at other times.
Original post by Pauli835

Hi there,
I'm currently a student at Lancaster, let me know if there's any questions you have or anything you'd like to know so you can make your decision!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Reply 8
Pick Lancaster if you want a career in law. Pick Leeds if you want a career at a top law firm. Don't pick UWE if you value your career.
Who needs facts when the advice has such a good ring to it?
I would pick
Leeds.
Lancaster if I could cope with the location.- UWE if I liked it.
have a look what is in clearing and consider retakes.
Original post by _anonymous_user_
1. Bristol
2. Leeds
3. Lancaster

NO, he didn’t mean University of Bristol he meant University of the West England Bristol, which is in the rough side of rankings.
OP I would advise going to Leeds, I’ve been there multiple times as i have decade long friends there and it’s a lovely big city with modern buildings and SOOO much to do.
Sometimes it does get a little wearing :frown:
I’m doing law at Lancaster and went to an applicant day. ESP for employment, it’s amazing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending