Mollyanne2003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m going into my last year of school and want to be a midwife. I have the opportunity to study 4/5 subjects this year. I want to take Advanced Higher French, Higher Psychology and a YASS course in Helath and Social Care. Does this count as a subject for uni or do I have to do another proper subject?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mollyanne2003)
I’m going into my last year of school and want to be a midwife. I have the opportunity to study 4/5 subjects this year. I want to take Advanced Higher French, Higher Psychology and a YASS course in Helath and Social Care. Does this count as a subject for uni or do I have to do another proper subject?
Universities will view the module positively, however, it wouldn't usually replace the need for another subject, if you've not already got the required number of highers. If you're already on track for meeting the entry requirements between this year and next year, I would take the YASS module though, as it gives you one less exam to worry about (and is better than taking a subject that you're less interested in/less relevant just to fill a space).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (280)
65.42%
No (148)
34.58%

Watched Threads