The Student Room Group

How should I write the methodology section on my secondary data?

I'm doing a research project of 4000 words which is structured like a dissertation.
I am doing an analysis and evaluation of textbook tasks used for English language teaching. I am not collecting any data. We were actually encouraged to do this to avoid ethics due to time constraints.
But now I've realised I have no idea what to write in the methodology section.
I will be discussing the actual tasks in the discussion section.
Please someone help me. I have 2 days to write the 2500 words.
(My fault, I know)
Original post by caelumstar
I'm doing a research project of 4000 words which is structured like a dissertation.
I am doing an analysis and evaluation of textbook tasks used for English language teaching. I am not collecting any data. We were actually encouraged to do this to avoid ethics due to time constraints.
But now I've realised I have no idea what to write in the methodology section.
I will be discussing the actual tasks in the discussion section.
Please someone help me. I have 2 days to write the 2500 words.
(My fault, I know)

Sorry man, I would have helped
A methodology is more of a statement as to how you are going about getting research.

These questions should give you a guide:

What is the research is it primary or secondary?
Why is this method of research important to you? (If Secondary then you know it’s established and sourced from reputable sources cited elsewhere in academic literature).
How will you use or interpret this data (I will interpret this data by analysis if, explaining, comparing justifying to inform my own comments).

Look up Secondary Research as a methodology into Google Scholar there I’m sure will be some good articles you may be able to pull some quotes from!

(I’m a Sessional Theatre Arts Lecturer with a Post Secondary PCGE in Art, Design and Media and a First Class BA in Theatre Technologies. I’m about to study an MA in Inclusive Arts Practice)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending