Gym newbie Watch

Paige26xx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I’ve been going to the gym for about a month, I love it and I try my hardest to work out hard. I genuinely enjoy it and I love the feeling after mentally. Although I find it so hard.
Sometimes however I’m slower than everyone else (I go to classes) and I feel pretty bad because I feel like I’ve not pushed myself to go faster even though the work out I’m doing seems to be right! I try going fast, but sometimes I’d feel like I’m pushing myself well to hard. Also, sometimes I don’t ache after the gym and sometimes I do?
Is this normal or am I not pushing myself hard enough? I feel sick sometimes when working out!
KT:-)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Paige26xx)
So I’ve been going to the gym for about a month, I love it and I try my hardest to work out hard. I genuinely enjoy it and I love the feeling after mentally. Although I find it so hard.
Sometimes however I’m slower than everyone else (I go to classes) and I feel pretty bad because I feel like I’ve not pushed myself to go faster even though the work out I’m doing seems to be right! I try going fast, but sometimes I’d feel like I’m pushing myself well to hard. Also, sometimes I don’t ache after the gym and sometimes I do?
Is this normal or am I not pushing myself hard enough? I feel sick sometimes when working out!
Hey, It is perfectly normal to feel sick when working out this is evidence you are pushing yourself to your limits! I swim competitively and I do gym work. The sessions vary and sometimes I don't ache but it doesn't mean I haven't worked hard and it will be the same for you. To help with being achy maybe stretch or cool down a little longer after sessions, but it's normal to ache. If you are feeling bad about yourself, don't worry because you are going at your own pace, nobody is the same and everyone has their own goals. Do you have and friends who are around the same level as you that you could buddy up with and you could motivate each other? If you set realistic weekly or monthly goals you could work towards this may help you to feel more motivated, positive and less bad about yourself as it will give you a real high when you achieve these and maybe make you feel a lot better about yourself. Generally, it seems like you are already very motivated and it is good you are enjoying it and that is really all that matters. So maybe just a little work on goals will help with a better positive feeling/ outcome! Keep up the good work!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads