Strugging With CIE AS & A Level Chemistry... :((:(( Major Anxiety...ugh Watch

nia(the_devoted)
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
As the title says I am struggling with A-Level Chemistry under the exam board, CIE. I am currently debating whether to write both AS and A-Level exams May-June or AS now and A2 later this fall in October-November. Based on my grades at school, I am at a B. I got a very low B in my AS exams last year. I really need some help as to what I can do or where do I go so that my Chemistry grade will be at A.
(Prefers advice from those who have finished A-Level Chemistry especially under my exam board)
lmaodan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! I'm also taking my A-Levels under CIE. I suggest taking AS now so you can focus on it and A2 later during October-November as I understand that there's a lot of content. You would have to take a deferred entry or a gap year though if it's done late but it's better done now than later. Well done on getting the B though and I'm sure an A grade isn't too far out of reach.
nia(the_devoted)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks. I'll consider taking A2 later. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and how are you finding Chemistry?
lmaodan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by nia(the_devoted))
Thanks. I'll consider taking A2 later. If you don't mind me asking, what year are you in and how are you finding Chemistry?
Not at all :>> I'm in my A Level year so second year of CIE A Levels. I have heard from previous exam takers within my school that the A Level exam is harder than the AS Levels so I would really suggest for you to focus on one at a time since they're both massive amounts of content to review for. I actually don't take Chemistry but do take Biology and Psychology (not that it helps). However, I do get lots of input from my best friend who is taking Chemistry as well and she struggled a lot at first. It takes a lot of work and don't beat yourself up for any score you get! I'm sure you've been doing great already.
nia(the_devoted)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lmaodan)
Not at all :>> I'm in my A Level year so second year of CIE A Levels. I have heard from previous exam takers within my school that the A Level exam is harder than the AS Levels so I would really suggest for you to focus on one at a time since they're both massive amounts of content to review for. I actually don't take Chemistry but do take Biology and Psychology (not that it helps). However, I do get lots of input from my best friend who is taking Chemistry as well and she struggled a lot at first. It takes a lot of work and don't beat yourself up for any score you get! I'm sure you've been doing great already.
Thanks. It does help. I do Biology as well. Also, Mathematics.
lmaodan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks. It does help. I do Biology as well. Also, Mathematics.
That's the A-Levels my friend's taking as well! We're both having a really hard time but hopefully we can get the scores we want hahaha. Good luck! Are you planning to study anywhere abroad?
nia(the_devoted)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lmaodan)
That's the A-Levels my friend's taking as well! We're both having a really hard time but hopefully we can get the scores we want hahaha. Good luck! Are you planning to study anywhere abroad?
We all are having a hard time. 😭😭😭
Yeah I plan to study either in the UK or Canada. But I'm taking a gap year and will apply then. Wbu?
lmaodan
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We all are having a hard time. 😭😭😭
Yeah I plan to study either in the UK or Canada. But I'm taking a gap year and will apply then. Wbu?
Planning to study in England as well. I think if you're taking a gap year, it'd be great for you to focus on your AS levels now and do A2 Levels later this year. :>
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (283)
60.47%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.7%