What do you think of when you see a hijabi? (A girl wearing a headscarf) ?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
RM611
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I just wanna know how people view hijabis
Leann:)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
beautiful
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't think anything of it really
I wouldn't treat them any differently nor would the thought even come into my mind!
RM611
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
I wouldn't think anything of it really
I wouldn't treat them any differently nor would the thought even come into my mind!
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
ARCDN
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
When my eyes see a hijabi, my soul sees loyalty, commitment, faith and courage (because this could make the girl an easier target for bullying from narrow minded people, therefore a hijabi is brave in my opinion)
Last edited by ARCDN; 4 weeks ago
d3v1n6
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wouldn't really think anything, especially without knowing you as an individual.
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Couldn’t give a toss
5hyl33n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Usually I don’t care, but when I’m bored I sometimes think whether they were forced to wear one or if it was their own choice, how old they were when they first started wearing it and how long it takes for them to do their hijab.
wasted100
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Usually I don’t care, but when I’m bored I sometimes think whether they were forced to wear one or if it was their own choice, how old they were when they first started wearing it and how long it takes for them to do their hijab.
As a person who wears one these are questions we get all the time😂
Hack_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think “ Oh a fellow sis!”
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
In all honesty, I think "kudos to them coz I wouldn't do it even if I were a Muslim" :hat2: :getmecoat:
~Sara~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wasted100)
As a person who wears one these are questions we get all the time😂
I wish I got these questions, I just get the weird ones 😂😂😂 "do you shower with a headscarf on?", "do you sleep with a headscarf on?", "do you have hair???"

They're just curious though, nothing wrong with that Also I'm pretty sure I also ask weird questions and dont realise it😂😂
Greywolftwo
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RM611)
Nothing wrong
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ~Sara~)
I wish I got these questions, I just get the weird ones 😂😂😂 "do you shower with a headscarf on?", "do you sleep with a headscarf on?", "do you have hair???"

They're just curious though, nothing wrong with that Also I'm pretty sure I also ask weird questions and dont realise it😂😂
Can’t you take the hijab of while at home? Isn’t it only meant to wear in public because the idea is that women aren’t allowed to show their beauty to others?
pszsd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RM611)
Well I'm a Muslim so of course I'll be biased but: I see a strong person because it takes a lot of courage to where that in the UK with the current political climate. I mean, depending on your location, people with stare. Also depending on your location, some people might stab you. Therefore it's really brave and courageous to be wearing the hijab and being proud to be a Muslim female.

It also shows me modesty, that you're not flaunting your own body and that you aren't giving in to cultural expectations of women having to dress inappropriately. Strong words but what I basically mean is that nowadays, revealing clothing is too common. Really, what do leggings cover? Everything, and yet nothing.

Hope I helped. Thanks for giving an interesting question. G'day.

"skanks and whores and sluts". - this was part of the original message but later it was disputed and considered rude, so I felt to place it at the end here just to provide context to anyone following this thread further
Last edited by pszsd; 4 weeks ago
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pszsd)
Well I'm a Muslim so of course I'll be biased but: I see a strong person because it takes a lot of courage to where that in the UK with the current political climate. I mean, depending on your location, people with stare. Also depending on your location, some people might stab you. Therefore it's really brave and courageous to be wearing the hijab and being proud to be a Muslim female.

It also shows me modesty, that you're not flaunting your own body and that you aren't giving in to cultural expectations of women having to dress like skanks and whores and sluts. Strong words but what I basically mean is that nowadays, revealing clothing is too common. Really, what do leggings cover? Everything, and yet nothing.

Skanks, whores and sluts. Language definitely uncalled for, those words sound just as disgusting as they mean
Last edited by Greywolftwo; 4 weeks ago
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I literally think "she is a muslim" and move on
AnonymousNoMore
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pszsd)

It also shows me modesty, that you're not flaunting your own body and that you aren't giving in to cultural expectations of women having to dress like skanks and whores and sluts. Strong words but what I basically mean is that nowadays, revealing clothing is too common. Really, what do leggings cover? Everything, and yet nothing.

Yeah dude honestly that might be a bit much, someone wearing leggings isn't a slut. Like come on. A choice of clothing doesn't define your levels of permiscuity, even if it did, who cares, stop being so bothered as to how others live their lives.
pszsd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Skanks, whores and sluts. Language definitely uncalled for, those words sound just as disgusting as they mean
You definitely have a valid case for the "uncalled for" argument. I thought I reversed the effect enough with my following sentence but I suppose to you it didn't seem like that. Advice noted.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pszsd)
There is no cultural expectation for women to dress like "skanks and whores and sluts". What a horribly judgemental view to have.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (281)
60.69%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.75%
No- I want it (126)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.34%

Watched Threads