The Student Room Group

Do cambridge give unconditionals to people who already have their grades?

Do they even consider people who already have their grades? Someone just told me that part of getting into cambridge is dealing with the pressure of applying and doing your a levels simultaneously, and they dont consider people who already have their grades from the past year.
Original post by femo
Do they even consider people who already have their grades? Someone just told me that part of getting into cambridge is dealing with the pressure of applying and doing your a levels simultaneously, and they dont consider people who already have their grades from the past year.

There are entire mature student colleges, I think. There are at Oxford anyway.

Yes of course they accept applications from people with achieved grades, and yes those people may well expect an unconditional offer.
My daughter applied following her A levels this year and was made an unconditional offer.

If you have any uncertainty on applying following your A levels then I can recommend Christ's post A level advice service which includes a personalised Skype session. You need to have attended a UK state school to make use of this service as it is part of their widening participation efforts.
Yes, I got one this month.
Reply 5
Original post by femo

As above, yes there are plenty of post-qualification applicants and students. Quite a few apply in a gap year, some apply much later as mature students (21+).

Original post by nexttime
There are entire mature student colleges, I think. There are at Oxford anyway.

Yep. Four have undergrads : Hughes Hall, Lucy Cavendish, St Edmund's and Wolfson
In addition Clare Hall and Darwin are postgrad only.
Reply 6
Original post by dking2001
My daughter applied following her A levels this year and was made an unconditional offer.

If you have any uncertainty on applying following your A levels then I can recommend Christ's post A level advice service which includes a personalised Skype session. You need to have attended a UK state school to make use of this service as it is part of their widening participation efforts.

Here's the link :wink:
https://www.christs.cam.ac.uk/open-days-prospective-applicants/results-clinic

Quick Reply