Fmalines
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I applied for maintenance loan quite late in December since I didn’t have all of my parents income, however once I was able to confirm there annual salary I sent it off the Student Finance England. The government website has an online calculator that estimated your maintenance loan depending on parents income and other factors. Using my parents household income it said I would be estimated to receive around £7000 however when my assessment came back, SFE said I was only entitled to 4.9k. I was wondering if I should re apply my application or maybe something went wrong because I’m paying for rent which is 6k, which I choose basing of the estimation ( now I can see was not a good idea and should have gone for cheaper rent) however I don’t understand how the estimation was so wrong. Also my parents don’t earn a lot of money so I would of thought I would be entitled to much more. Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fmalines)
I applied for maintenance loan quite late in December since I didn’t have all of my parents income, however once I was able to confirm there annual salary I sent it off the Student Finance England. The government website has an online calculator that estimated your maintenance loan depending on parents income and other factors. Using my parents household income it said I would be estimated to receive around £7000 however when my assessment came back, SFE said I was only entitled to 4.9k. I was wondering if I should re apply my application or maybe something went wrong because I’m paying for rent which is 6k, which I choose basing of the estimation ( now I can see was not a good idea and should have gone for cheaper rent) however I don’t understand how the estimation was so wrong. Also my parents don’t earn a lot of money so I would of thought I would be entitled to much more. Thank you
Contact them and either ask for a re assessment or ask for an explanation and check the calculation yourself.
They may have made a mistake or you may have made one when entering the figure in the calculator.
See how far that gets you.
Not sure if uni will be able to offer you any help.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.29%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
27.12%
No (86)
48.59%

Watched Threads