Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it’s like for a first year to not live in student accommodation such as freshers week, social life.
Background: Brighton would be my first choice I love the uni and the course and have had offers back from there. However due to living close I’m not eligible for accommodation. I live around 30/40 mins away by train. I worried I’ll miss out on the social aspects of uni by living at home in a different town or having to private rent in Brighton.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
University of Brighton Accommodation
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi!

Make sure you contact the accommodation office to let us know you would like halls if they become available. Just because you are not covered by the halls guarantee does not mean you definitely can't have halls. It just means you aren't guaranteed and so can't apply online. Email [email protected] to let us know you want halls if they are available. Every student who got in touch with your circumstances was housed within the first few weeks of term this year.

Shiv
Accommodation Office

(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it’s like for a first year to not live in student accommodation such as freshers week, social life.
Background: Brighton would be my first choice I love the uni and the course and have had offers back from there. However due to living close I’m not eligible for accommodation. I live around 30/40 mins away by train. I worried I’ll miss out on the social aspects of uni by living at home in a different town or having to private rent in Brighton.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (281)
60.69%
Yes- I don't like it (22)
4.75%
No- I want it (126)
27.21%
No- I don't want it (34)
7.34%

Watched Threads

Latest